Corn used my man-parts as a speedbag

Options

Replies

• loranch
    loranch Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So awesome! That should be made a mandatory read when signing up to mfp!!
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :heart:
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    So happy I found this thread! :flowerforyou:
  • luv_2_lift
    luv_2_lift Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Ohhh goddd common sense! I'm so glad I joined this group! Score! :drinker:
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    This is excellent!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Oh this definitely needs a sticky guys. Glad this got posted here.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    The little pink dumbbells do not constitute "lifting weights".

My six year old daughter objects to this comment!

32611386_239.jpg
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This has to reside in this forum.... Maybe even a sticky? (Originally posted by SS (og SS))

You don't need to eat clean.
    You don't need to avoid white bread or potatoes or beans or rice or _____________ (insert food here) unless you've got an intolerance/allergy/medical condition.
    You don't need to eat breakfast to get your metabolism started.
    You probably don't need to pay any attention to GI.
    Your metabolism doesn't get kick-started and you don't rev it up.
    Eating frequently is fine but it doesn't "boost your metabolism".
    Don't waste your money on Raspberry Keytones and you should probably turn off Dr. Oz.
    You are not toning.
    You will not bulk up, ladies.
    You also don't "gain muscle really easily". Yes, YOU.
    Low carbing is not dangerous.
    Low carbing is not metabolically superior.
    You can eat food before bed.
    You can eat food IN bed.
    There is no specific time at which eating will cause you to gain fat.
    The little pink dumbbells do not constitute "lifting weights".
    That glass of blended up "juice" that you're replacing your meals with, probably isn't "cleansing" any "toxins".
    "Hot Pants" don't make you lose fat, although they may make your wallet lighter.
    You don't need to burn off that bowl of cereal or piece of chicken.
    You don't need to worry about whether you're burning carbs or fat.
    You don't need to worry about how much fat you burned during your workout, or how much muscle you gained during that set of bosu-ball dumbbell flies.
    You don't "shock your body"
    You don't "confuse your mucles"
    Stop switching up your lifting program. How about stick to something and add weight to the bar.
    Just because you saw it in a documentary doesn't mean it's a good idea or even remotely research-based.
    You don't need to zig-zag or carb cycle or do the 17 day butt wash or the cabbage donkey stew diet.
    2 weeks is not a plateau.

Start here:
    1) Eat within a reasonable caloric intake for your goals.
    2) Consume adequate protein and fat.
    3) Consume at least enough carbs to allow you to train with intensity.

(And can you just use some common sense with food selection?)

4) Lift weights
    5) Get rest.
    6) Repeat
    7) And quit worrying about all the other crap.

Be patient.

the-rock-clapping-gif-i12.gif

I think I love you:love::flowerforyou: :smooched: :heart:
  • mjpbgtd
    mjpbgtd Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    GREAT post. It's all do-able ... the hard part is that last bit about patience.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :heart: more people need to read this!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Breath of fresh air.

I just told one of the trainers at my gym that I lost 14 pounds of fat and gained 2 pounds of muscle in 12 weeks. He told me that "if I really wanted to kick start my metabolism, I should drink a green shake every day." Sigh. I was unable to control my eye rolling and told him that there wasn't anything I could put in my mouth that could kick start my metabolism enough to make a noticeable difference.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Breath of fresh air.

I just told one of the trainers at my gym that I lost 14 pounds of fat and gained 2 pounds of muscle in 12 weeks. He told me that "if I really wanted to kick start my metabolism, I should drink a green shake every day." Sigh. I was unable to control my eye rolling and told him that there wasn't anything I could put in my mouth that could kick start my metabolism enough to make a noticeable difference.

I love when you relate a story of extreme success, and then someone gives you advice like you could have somehow done even better if only you'd done xyz.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Breath of fresh air.

I love when you relate a story of extreme success, and then someone gives you advice like you could have somehow done even better if only you'd done xyz.

The ultimate win, though, is when their advice is nothing but fiction.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Wow! Was just discussing some of these issues at the gym today with my spin instructor. Weight loss and exercise is hard enough as it is without adding all of these "rules" to follow, and I, unfortunately, have fallen for some of them. I've gone to bed STARVING for fear of eating past 8:00, like somehow my digestive system is just going to stop at 8 and everything eaten afterward will be immediately deposited as fat.

Just recently I was discussing my lifting program with a man at the gym and I was telling him how I liked the program I was doing and was worried about what to change it to in a month or so. He looked at me and asked why would I change it if I liked it so much and I immediately told him because if you don't you'll get used to it and it won't work. Lol He chuckled and asked me how new to weight lifting I was!! New. Very new. He then kindly explained that as long as I was challenging myself in my workouts and progressing with adding weight that there was no real reason to stop the whole program. He suggested that I could switch out the lifts with different variations of them for change of pace if I wanted but that there was no need to change everything. He laughed at the muscle confusion thing. I can't tell you how relieved I was to hear this and how silly I felt for believing in it.

Sometimes ignorance and wanting something badly enough get in the way of common sense. This is why I will suggest to all my friends to come and read this post and to come back and read it again every time they even think about following what they read, heard in the gym or from a friend, or saw on tv.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Wow! Was just discussing some of these issues at the gym today with my spin instructor. Weight loss and exercise is hard enough as it is without adding all of these "rules" to follow, and I, unfortunately, have fallen for some of them. I've gone to bed STARVING for fear of eating past 8:00, like somehow my digestive system is just going to stop at 8 and everything eaten afterward will be immediately deposited as fat.

Just recently I was discussing my lifting program with a man at the gym and I was telling him how I liked the program I was doing and was worried about what to change it to in a month or so. He looked at me and asked why would I change it if I liked it so much and I immediately told him because if you don't you'll get used to it and it won't work. Lol He chuckled and asked me how new to weight lifting I was!! New. Very new. He then kindly explained that as long as I was challenging myself in my workouts and progressing with adding weight that there was no real reason to stop the whole program. He suggested that I could switch out the lifts with different variations of them for change of pace if I wanted but that there was no need to change everything. He laughed at the muscle confusion thing. I can't tell you how relieved I was to hear this and how silly I felt for believing in it.

Sometimes ignorance and wanting something badly enough get in the way of common sense. This is why I will suggest to all my friends to come and read this post and to come back and read it again every time they even think about following what they read, heard in the gym or from a friend, or saw on tv.

I'm relieved to hear that someone else at your gym has some common sense. Random gym guy gave you good advice.

I do think some movement variability can be a good thing at some point (even if just for variety although there may be other reasons) but it's certainly not needed for muscle confusion. Adding weight to the bar over time is a great way to continue to progress =)
  • Snicklefritz81
    Snicklefritz81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is awesome...and guess what...freeing! Thank you for posting. I need to remember this. Made should read it everyday, until I have it memorized. lol
  • Moya6512
    Moya6512 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    BUMP