Paleo Bread?

Options
Anyone tried and if so is it worth it.. Will it increase bread cravings?

Replies

• Bluebox32
    Bluebox32 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I made a "bread" using almond meal and I loved it...especially toasted with PB. I dont crave bread anyways so I dont know if it will increase cravings.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It's just a variant of the almond- and coconut-flour 'paleo' breads recipes floating about the innerwebz. If you HAVE to have bread, I suppose it's a tolerable substitute.

For me, baking is a post-agricultural cooking method (you couldn't bake until you had something TO bake). A paleo bread is much the same (to me) as a soy-based fake meat. I leave them both at the curb.
  • Lyndseed
    Lyndseed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    http://www.elanaspantry.com/paleo-bread/
    This is a pretty decent recipe using almond flour, but it's really calorie dense... it might work for you depending on what your goals are. I used this recipe to have "bread" to make thanksgiving stuffing, and it turned out awesome--even my non-paleo family members enjoyed it!
  • JohnNull
    JohnNull Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yes / No / Yes

Avoid.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have tried a bunch of different type of Paleo bread recipes and blah...

I have given up on attempting any sort of Paleo bread...for the times I feel the need to have some sort of bread product I just eat the bread product - for me that is about once a month (usually in the form of a bagel) - of course if you have major issues with gluten this does not help you...