What are your goals?

Options
Just to get the conversation moving a bit.

Replies

• delrgoins
    Options
    Just to be healthy, avoid family medical issues. And to get into a size 9 jeans again.
  • OBrien33
    OBrien33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to get down to a reasonable weight. I was almost 300 lbs when I graduated.H.S. Down to right around 200 at the moment. Having a few set backs at the moment. Will get there though.
  • SGocka
    SGocka Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just general fitness. I don't want anything crazy. Just want to be healthy.
  • Wintermute85
    Options
    My goal for the year is to get under 200lbs. The very top end of my "ideal weight" is 185, so I'd like to get closer to that.

I was a reasonable weight in High School. I would guess somewhere under 200lbs. Then came the Freshman 15, then spending nights and entire weekends video gaming and drinking- I got fat. I hit 260 at my heaviest. I was that guy people saw after a few years and said "Holy cow, man!" I lost a bit of weight a few years ago, and even got into running and relayed a half marathon (6mi). But I got lazy, and now there's no way I could run a mile.

I guess my real goal is to not be a stereotypical "Fat Gunshow Guy". :P
  • seeky907
    seeky907 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lose 30 lbs during the 12 week fitness competition starting next Monday.
  • kmmuellr
    Options
    I don't have a specific goal. I think for the weightloss challenge I said that I wanted to get into the "normal" BMI range from slightly over now, and drop body fat below 18%. (this according to the fancy scale at Powerhouse gym!)

Lose the love handles and general fitness.

K
  • Mastrtech
    Options
    General fitness and to feel comfortable in my clothes again. My main goal is to switch careers into law enforcement so getting back in shape is a must. 1.5 mile run for a 6' 4" guy is just gonna suck :(
  • Wintermute85
    Options
    General fitness and to feel comfortable in my clothes again. My main goal is to switch careers into law enforcement so getting back in shape is a must. 1.5 mile run for a 6' 4" guy is just gonna suck :(

Nah. You'll take fewer steps :)
  • VictorMartino
    Options
    Lose weight but maintain my operational fitness, its a hard thing to do with a ever changing schedule.
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    My main goal to to reduce the amount of pain I live with from a GI issue that has the docs kinda stumped, secondary to that is losing weight, well the weight loss is the method of reducing the pain, along with only eating the foods I know don't give me issues. After seeing result and improvement in how I feel I'm aiming for 280 by September, and 300 by my birthday in june, and short term is 330 so I can drink beer again. I quit it as motivation to lose enough that I can use my scale at home because I was above it's upper limit, about another 3 lbs to gountil I hit 330

Also I want to look good naked, not that I have anyone to look good for, other than myself, but maybe slimming down will make it easier to find someone willing to look at me naked :drinker:
  • blossomboom_
    Options
    My main goal is to get back to the fitness level I was at before my thyroidectomy and thyroid cancer treatment. I find that this whole thing is more difficult now that I'm Synthroid dependent -- whatever, though! No excuses. I want to get back to my 7:45 minute mile, my lifting, and my healthy eating. Looking forward to it.

My other goals include meeting likeminded, motivating people. :)
  • Sparky223
    Sparky223 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    To get to about 155lbs. Trying to get my hormone issues taken care of to help.
  • garodrig1
    Options
    I am 260 pounds as of today and I would like to ultimately drop down to 180. I have dropped this fat before, but ever since I moved around 3 years ago, the poor eating habbits and sedentary lifestyle caught up with me. Now since I am older, and have suffered some injuries (broke my foot, although it is healed now) I feel that I have to get my weight under control before my thirties.
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    current goal is to get to 180...from there I will switch to body fat... might go up or down a little after... I know its not really accurate but I would like to be not overweight on the BMI chart... I'm almost there after 8 months... started at 280... I'm 189 now... home stretch...
  • JAmezola
    JAmezola Posts: 4
    Options
    Started gong hard diet this December, at 255#, now I'm at 215#, aiming for 170# ideally. Added weight lifting this month. Hopefully getting to a healthy weight and adding some muscle tone.
  • kmanus
    kmanus Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Run my first marathon and see a weight that I haven't seen since sometime in college. And mostly to get my @ss off the couch after sitting on it for a year after my first half-ironman.
  • m00ler
    m00ler Posts: 6
    Options
    started at 270 in October 2012 , currently at 235..

want to get down to 170, then bulk up some..

30815996.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mb168
    mb168 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My goal was 20 and I'm halfway there, getting rid of the spare tire, and I want abs. I'm also a runner so I want to be faster, 20lbs is a lot extra to carry around.
  • kennyw1983
    Options
    I havent stepped on a scale in months so I was very happy to see that I had lost nearly 20 pounds in the last few months. Im down to 308 now from 336. Im trying to get down to 250 or so. Once I get there ill re-evaluate and go from there. 235 would be nice.
  • terrance250
    terrance250 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ultimate goal is to weigh 180lbs, but the first big achievement will be breaking out of the 200lb + club I've been in for the last 15 or so years...

I'm 6'2 and started at 236lbs roughly 2 months ago. Down to 220 now.

I'm trying to keep everything simple and fun so I stay on the wagon. Seems to get easier the longer I stay at it.