Initial primal problems

ukgirly01
ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
I've been primal for around 6 months now and I love it- after my constant dialogue about how good I feel on it and how much energy I have (not to mention weightloss) my partner and 2 friends decided to do it too- some come 1st Jan both houses were ransacked and everything non primal throw out- however its now day 6 and all three are suffering from stomach cramps and going to the loo shall we say rather too frequently!
Any help? I haven't experienced this so I've no idea what's going on- my other half has eaten exactly what I've eaten and I'm fine- it can't be a stomach bug the other 2 live 300 miles away and that would be too much coincidence.

Replies

• caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Weird.

Are they eating vegetables or fruit that they're not used to eating? Anything new that they never ate before?

I've never heard of that happening. There are stomach bugs going around, though. I had a bad one the week of thanksgiving, and my stomach is still not right.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    No nothing new just more nuts than we'd usually have
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    I had this the first couple of days followed by headaches, lack of energy and constant hunger, but now on day 7 I can see improvements, stomach cramps gone, toilet visits getting less frequent, though still slightly more than usual :P
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    be careful with the nuts for sure. They should be a small treat honestly - not constitute much in terms of calories and grams. I'm personally on a 5 week "no nut" challenge ;)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    sorry, not sure, I never had any issues like that, it was a great feeling right away for me :ohwell:
  • ChaoticMum
    ChaoticMum Posts: 115 Member
    Have they drastically increased their veggie intake? That could be the culprit. Then once you start with visiting the loo often it's a viscious circle. Tell them to add in some probiotics. Get a good stash of GOOD bacteria back into the gut. That could possibly help quite a bit.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    I'dhave them ditch the nuts for now , I use nuts as a condiment rather than a main part of a meal or snack even. I always make sure to match my nuts or nut butters with a veggie or fruit, and make sure I'm eating twice or 3x the amount of fruit/veggie to nuts.

As mentioned, a probiotic might be a good idea as well, and if they're heavily dousing their foods in oil and aren't used to the high fat intake, they might want to ease into that and see if it helps