N00b here....

Options
I am really new to clean eating, and I was wondering if you guys had any reading material (online, in the form of a book or otherwise) that you suggest? I always read and research a lot about things before I jump into them, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you!

I am also open to adding anybody who is passionate about clean eating. However, please do be aware before adding me, that I have an eating disorder.

Replies

• celial1105
    celial1105 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I was "forced" into a cleaner diet due to my husband's celiac dx 2 years ago. Clean, whole foods were the easiest way to ensure that he didn't get any gluten contamination. So I can't say I'm an expert by any means... just learning as I go along. I would suggest looking into any local CSAs (community supported agriculture) in your area. It's a good way to always have fresh, clean produce and meats in your refrigerator.
  • growingsmaller3
    growingsmaller3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I wish that were an option! I'm a college student (without a car), so my food options tend to be rather slim, since I can really only go food shopping very 2 weeks, every week max. I also cannot consume gluten and I was attempting to go vegan, narrowing my options rather far. I'm assuming that attempting to eat clean and going vegan would go somewhat hand in hand?

I know it may be hard, but i am really just attempting to at least make a good portion of my diet, if not the entire thing 'clean'. I've just come to find that I function better when I am putting clean foods into my body, and even though it may be hard living on campus, I want to at least put forth a good effort.

Thank you for the suggestion!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Here's a thread of resources and recipes. You can also try your local library.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/714933-clean-eating-recipes