Calories for Shorties

Chikipiwi
Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
Hi,

Not sure if am alone but after doing the calculations for calorie consumption as described on the book....
I am terrified to eat 1800ish calories on non workout days and around 2000cals on workout days..

I am 4"11 tall 35yo and weight 105lbs.

Please let me know what your experience has been eating as indicated on the book....

I just did my first work out today... Yay! very excited about the workout but skeptical about the calories....

Thanks Ladies!

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    I haven't started lifting yet, I'm finishing Insanity first, but I have had great success with eating more. The Insanity Guide gives me the same amount of cals (2100-2200 for me) and I've been around 1900 - 2100 and in 1 month of Insanity I lost 6% body fat and 1 pant size. So I say give it a try for a minimum of a month, ideally 2 to see great results.

Plus who doesn't like eating more, I sure do!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    I didn't follow the book's nutrition plan. Instead I use MFP the way it's designed to be used and it works for me. No manual record keeping, MFP does all the calculations and tracking for you.

If you choose to use MFP, you'll need to customize your macros because MFP's defaults are dreadful, especially for protein. I have my macro %'s set to 45/30/25 carbs/protein/fat. I don't worry if I go over on protein especially on lifting days, 30% of total calories is the minimum I need. I also changed fiber to 25g per day and sodium to 2,100mg per day. However, the lower the sodium the better.

To customize, go to My Home>>Goals>>Change Goals>>Custom. Save your changes.
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Thanks for your replys. I am currently set to 40/30/30 and following Scooby's calories calculations (1470 - kind of in the middle of MFP and NROLFW calculations) I am still terrified to eat that much but will give it a try......
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    I like Scooby's calculator too. I think you probably should just try it for a month and see how it goes. I had good success in the beginning eating by the book, but now my TDEE has changed and I'm trying to figure it out again.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Thanks for your replys. I am currently set to 40/30/30 and following Scooby's calories calculations (1470 - kind of in the middle of MFP and NROLFW calculations) I am still terrified to eat that much but will give it a try......

No need to be terrified. 4'11" Here as well. Fuel your body, otherwise you wont get anything out of the program.