Self Talk Tuesday!

Options
Today is "self-talk" Tuesday! So many times we get caught up in our own negative self talk and give up as a result. Today, I'd like everyone to share some positive things about yourself. What are you doing well? It's easy to shine a light on our areas of struggle, but today we're focusing on our victories!!!

My son has a question in his Junior Bible Quiz that asks, "Why is it important to be careful what you think about?" And the answer is simple, "You become what you think." Have you found that to be true in your own life? So, todays' challenge is all about giving us some insight into who you are. Let's get to know each other a little better through this challenge!

On a side note: I've seen that some of you are going through some real challenges physically and I applaud you for staying in the game! I'm so inspired by you!!

Replies

• alissamoat
    alissamoat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Since joining this group I have found myself to be more aware of what I am putting in my mouth. I have also been focusing on getting my weight lifting in during the week.

I want to add 3 positives about myself...
    1. I have become more aware of my husband's diet and together we have set goals for him to become a healthier eater.
    2. I love how my size 13/14 pants are too big in the waist!
    3. I am a mother of 2 wonderful girls - one who told me last night I was her best friend - a wife to a husband who stands by my side even when I am unbearable to be around - a teacher to more than 80 students each day, and a role model for all 130 students. I love my life and couldn't imagine it any other way!

Thank you Crystal for all the time you put into our group!
  • nursemarie162
    Options
    alissamoat, I have noticed the same changes in myself...I am very conscious now of everything I am putting into my body and log religiously...as for the positive things about myself....
    1. I am very proud of myself that I have made it this far and Im still 1000000000% committed to it.
    2. I am happy that I have been able to block out the negative people and things in my life, choosing to focus more on the positive people who are encouraging me...like my MFP family!
    3. I am very EXCITED that people are already commenting that I look thinner and most importantly that I have been seeing a difference in the ways that my clothes fit!

We are all in this journey together and I'm so excited to be sharing it with all of you! If you havent already, feel free to add me!!!
  • LesleyGillan
    Options
    1. My clothes are getting to big!!!!
    2. I am way more active
    3. I have stopped letting negative people get me down and am making a big effort to spend time with the ones who actually care about my own little part of the family instead of the ones who always complain about, overlook or boss around MY children.
  • ladams562
    ladams562 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    1--I am more appreciative of my body and its strength. I notice my muscles when I walk upstairs and can be proud that although my legs may not look like the ideal I have, they are strong as hell!

2--I am capable of consistently cooking healthy, delicious food for me and my SO without copping out and getting takeout. It takes some organizing and some flexibility but it is totally do-able

3-- Whether I workout every day this week or one day this week, every little bit I do is an improvement over doing nothing.
  • Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    1) Although I have a highly stressful job, being the 'breadwinner' and caring for my boyfriend I am incredibly happy with everything and its only after an hour alone at the gym reminds me of this.

2) I have quit smoking. I only started because of my job, getting off the ward for 5 minutes felt nice. This continued for 7months. Since my chest infection I will never go back!

3) I noticed yesterday how lose my jeans were and it felt good. I have a long way to go but so far I am rather content
  • Leahbcc
    Leahbcc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have found help from www.operationbeautiful.com it inspires me and I do have sticky notes and I leave them places. I am more aware of what I am eating and why. Yesterday I ran 1/8 of a mile or a lap where I train. This is MAJOR. Having not run since forever and a life changing event almost five years ago. Where I BROKE my entire Right side...Arm, Knee, and ankle...I have come so far since then. I don't let number define me or peoples thoughts and views. I am happier with myself. This is a journey where there will be bumps, curves, hills, and forks...it is what I do with them that will make me a better person.
  • Shellycan
    Shellycan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent idea, but not as easy as it first seems! Some days, it's just not easy finding a lot of positive about yourself.
    Okay, enough whining! Here are some things I like about me:

1. I'm a terrific wife and mother. I love my husband and kids, and they love me back. I keep everyone on schedule
    and taken care of in many ways. (They take awesome care of me, too!)
    2. I've lost 50 pounds over the past few years and have learned a lot about myself along the way. I've learned that
    "fat" is no excuse for "I can't _____." Fill in the blank. I really CAN do way more than I ever thought I could.
    3. After unexpectedly needing a pacemaker, I've learned not to take my health, or my life, for granted. They're a gift. They're
    precious. I'm more relaxed about everyday stressors and appreciative of God's blessings.
  • Katacheese
    Katacheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Ok. Some things I like about me:
    1) I'm smart and dedicated.
    2) I'm a good wife and mother.
    3) I am worth taking care of myself.
    4) I'm proud that I've done as well at losing weight as I have.
    5) I really like that I wear a size 12.
  • Mrs_Fit
    Mrs_Fit Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have learned how important it is to take care of myself. When I don't feel like working out or eating right, I remind myself that I am important and that I need to take the time to do for myself and that gives me the motivation to go forward in my routine. This time around I am not trying to lose weight because of anyone elses opinion. I am not trying to look a certain way to keep up with a fad or girls who are younger than I am. This time it is for me and that is why it works for me! As a wife, mother, and woman that works full time and go to school I have to obligate time for myself instead of giving all I have to everyone else and not having anything left over for me. So if that means waking up an hour earlier or going to bed an hour later, so be it. I am worth it!!!:smile:
    Good luck everyone on your goals and I want you to know that YOU are WORTH IT!!!:bigsmile:
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I also have learned how important it is to take care of me...I am so proud that after decades of half-hearted attempts at weight loss, I finally grabbed the bull by the horns and just did it! I still have a way to go but I'm riding an emotional "high" every day especially when I get dressed now - so much smaller clothing and nicer choices! I am so aware of everything I put in my mouth (in a good way - I try not to obsess) and make much better decisions. I take on each day as a new beginning - a new challenge..
  • ladams562
    ladams562 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Also!! I forgot until I saw Leelu88's post, I have quit smoking for almost 2 months!! (47 days) After 18 years as a smoker, it has been going amazingly and I have been so excited by how much easier it was this time than some of the other times! (As evidenced by the fact that I frequently forget about it where as before I could tell you down to the minute how long I had been quit because I spent the entire four months thinking of nothing but that.....)
  • snicholson81
    snicholson81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just weighed in on my Wii board and I'm down 7 lbs!! I started this around the 1st so that's awesome for me. It seems like a lot of loss very fast but then I recall what I've been eating and everything I've cut out. Not to mention my working out. Oh and my Tuesday goal was 60 minutes of Yoga. I know you aren't supposed to push your body too hard. I only made it 15 minutes. Compared to what I normally do... which is nothing, I am proud of myself. I hope everyone else is having some great results as well!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Great results for me as well. This means, I have to stay strong and watch my calories (same scale reading 2-3 weeka ago). Scale readings are steady and consistent, which means I am paying attention to calories closely.

Have a great day!:flowerforyou:
  • oAshlio
    oAshlio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I could sit here and bad talk myself, its true. There are things that I need to work on more and more each day, but there are things that I can say that are good!

1. I have been doing very well at cutting down the amount I eat at big meals and eating healthier. I might not have lost a pound a week but I havent gone up any pounds in a while either which means I am at least starting to do something right!
    2. Even though I procrastinate at times as far as my exercising goes, I have still been exercising more then I used to and that alone makes me proud of myself!

I know I have to take care of myself, because I want to be around and healthy for a long time, and it all starts here, taking one day at a time!
  • petitegreek
    petitegreek Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    1. I have been very careful of what I put in to my mouth daily.
    2. Even if I exercise all week and the number on the scale doesn't go down by the end of the week, I do not get discouraged and want to try harder the next week.
    3. I am a full time graduate student and juggle a full class load, two part time jobs, and working out in to my daily routine.
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    I track my food. Back in the bad old days, I didn't, and then couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing weight.

I don't walk with the fat person shuffle anymore (mostly): head down, shoulders hunched, trying to be invisible. Now I stand up straight and face the world. And I can walk fast! who knew?

I eat well and treat my body kindly. I don't look at it and think about how much I hate it. Stretch marks? who cares. Extra skin? no big deal. All my battle scars just show where I've been. I'm proud of me!
  • elescott
    elescott Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    - I am healthy and strong and am able to exercise and eat healthy. God gave me this one body and I need to feed it, move it and not abuse it.
    - I have gained muscle since starting bootcamp a year ago and don't look half bad with clothes on!
    - I have logged my food for a week and exercised consistently.
    - I didn't beat myself up over having dessert and some wine on Saturday. I didn't binge and just logged it and refocused on Sunday.
  • meechster20001
    meechster20001 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm going through a rough relationship patch so some positive thoughts sound like a fine plan!

I've given up Diet Coke and I don't miss it at all. 2 weeks ago I felt like I couldn't function with at least 2 cans of the stuff, sometimes up to 5!

I'm losing slowly but surely...my exercise routine is seriously lacking at the mo but the weight is coming off and I feel good about it. I'm preparing my food, putting more thought into it rather than relying on ready meals and that feels good plus it's saving me some money.

And totally unrelated, my business seems to be doing really well and that's a fab buzz.
  • jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    I believe that the best past of the journey is being able to present the person that was hiding inside all the layers of fat I had compounded.

Having fun with my wife working out and doing active things.

Enjoying eating and not just eating to fill a hole in my day.

Being able to have control over things; giving things up and overcoming my personal desires.

I feel that being in better shape makes me a better Christian and person. I am more willing to interact with people and approach people in social settings.

PS, today the shirt I bought at LEAST 5 years ago that I thought was so cool,, fits. *bang*
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Every day you wake up life is a gift and not a privilege. Live life well all around.
    Fill it with positive people & love them so tight & support them in good times and bad.

Fill up your free time with positive things. Don’t waste too much time away in front of the "Boob Tube” as
    we use to call TV, or playing with all the tech gadget toys.

The “Boob Tube”, and tech toys will be there tomorow, but the people you love might not be.