input needed

Options

Replies

• Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I also have a very hard time believing that he keeps on texting her everyday even though she rarely responds to him. Unless he's an utter psychopath (which is a possibility) or has some form of autism, it doesn't really add up.

You'd be surprised! I've known quite a few guys to do this. Even AFTER I've told them I'm not really interested. The worst part is that it would stop for a month or so and then they'd pop back up.

Well .. duh! Look at you! You are a hottie and they just want to make sure that you are SURE you don't want them ..lol.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    She should tell him she doesn't appreciate him coming by unannounced and if she really isn't that into him anymore then let him know.

I don't understand why people can't just say what they want. Be up front and be done with it. You don't have to worry/wonder/assume/freak out. Say what you need to say.

It is easy for many people, but for others it's a big deal. She is very very shy in this regard, so I don't think she will tell him. I think she should but I know she won't.

Well Honestly if she can't tell him that she doesn't want to "hang" anymore you can't call him a stalker. You cannot poof on someone you've know for many years and who knows wear you live. It really won't work. She needs to tell him she doesn't see him in that light anymore. Poor guy might think she's in a mood or something. Also are you sure she's not just keeping him on the back burner as a just in case guy
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    She should tell him she doesn't appreciate him coming by unannounced and if she really isn't that into him anymore then let him know.

I don't understand why people can't just say what they want. Be up front and be done with it. You don't have to worry/wonder/assume/freak out. Say what you need to say.

It is easy for many people, but for others it's a big deal. She is very very shy in this regard, so I don't think she will tell him. I think she should but I know she won't.

Well Honestly if she can't tell him that she doesn't want to "hang" anymore you can't call him a stalker. You cannot poof on someone you've know for many years and who knows wear you live. It really won't work. She needs to tell him she doesn't see him in that light anymore. Poor guy might think she's in a mood or something. Also are you sure she's not just keeping him on the back burner as a just in case guy

You are right to truly be a stalker the person has to be told that their actions aren't welcome.

This has been happening for two years so I don't really think he would see it as a mood. And I don't get the impression she is keeping him on the back burner. She doesn't respond usually, never initiates conversation.

And yes his friend does live nearby. But I don't always buy that he is in the neighborhood when he drives by.

And his friends don't know about it...they don't go out publicly.
  • jenbit
    Options
    ^^^ Is she still sleeping with him over the course of these 2 yrs. Cause then yes she is totally using him as the back burner
  • christine24t
    Options
    ^^^ Is she still sleeping with him over the course of these 2 yrs. Cause then yes she is totally using him as the back burner

Not regularly but it has happened occasionally.

She doesn't like him anymore though but she has trouble with people pressuring her and being unable to say no. So every once in a while he presses hard enough and she gives in.

But ever since he upset her while they were hooking up she hasn't seen him. So she is trying but he won't give it up.

We were thinking about creating some kind of fake girl to start talking to him and get his attention off my friend..bad or good idea?
  • Jennifer2387
    Options

We were thinking about creating some kind of fake girl to start talking to him and get his attention off my friend..bad or good idea?

Bad bad bad idea. He is still a person .. even if he is a douchey person. Don't play with his heart.
  • christine24t
    Options

Bad bad bad idea. He is still a person .. even if he is a douchey person. Don't play with his heart.

I know but it would be sooo fun. Except knowing my luck I would end up on Catfish the TV show.
  • jenbit
    Options

She doesn't like him anymore though but she has trouble with people pressuring her and being unable to say no. So every once in a while he presses hard enough and she gives in.

But ever since he upset her while they were hooking up she hasn't seen him. So she is trying but he won't give it up.

So how long ago did she stop giving in to him?
    Wether or not she has a problem saying no he should not be able to pressure her into sex. Sorry but she may be sending him ixed signals in which case its not really his fault...... And never create a fake person to stalk him its childish, immature and just plain out mean
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    I know but it would be sooo fun. Except knowing my luck I would end up on Catfish the TV show.

OMG! I love that show! Scares the crap out of me tho!
  • christine24t
    Options

Wether or not she has a problem saying no he should not be able to pressure her into sex. Sorry but she may be sending him ixed signals in which case its not really his fault...... And never create a fake person to stalk him its childish, immature and just plain out mean

October.

And I think it's one of those things where if he went to kiss her she wouldn't push him away. Like I said she is very shy and unassertive.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

You guys are thinking way to much into this. She just needs to tell him straight up "I don't want to have sex with you". I know you guys are young but if you are having sex with someone you need to act like a grown up and face the facts.
  • christine24t
    Options

OMG! I love that show! Scares the crap out of me tho!

It is so good!!
  • christine24t
    Options

You guys are thinking way to much into this. She just needs to tell him straight up "I don't want to have sex with you". I know you guys are young but if you are having sex with someone you need to act like a grown up and face the facts.

I agree. But she is very shy and I know she is too scared to say no. I know that is no ones fault but her own but I just hate that I can't do anything to help.
  • Jennifer2387
    Options

I agree. But she is very shy and I know she is too scared to say no. I know that is no ones fault but her own but I just hate that I can't do anything to help.

Steal her phone and do it for her!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

If she can't do it in person try it by phone, she can always hang up if he keeps pushing. Or get her some liquid courage before the call.
  • jenbit
    Options

October.

And I think it's one of those things where if he went to kiss her she wouldn't push him away. Like I said she is very shy and unassertive.

October huh? thats only a few months and if he goes to collage out of town he might have no clue what is going on. Sorry but if your friend wants this handled she needs to put her big girl panties on and text him a message. Hes not stalking her he is trying to hook up
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    She should at least be able to text or email him to say she's not interested. It's not the best method, but better than not saying anything at all and expecting him to get the hint when he hasn't.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    First of all, it sounds like everyone on this thread is giving this poor guy a bad name.

The more I read into this thread, the guy is fine and doing nothing wrong. If she doesn't spell it out for him that she isn't interested, then how is he going to know? All she needs to do it spell it out in a text and say something along the lines of "I don't want to sleep with you anymore". Problem solved.

If she doesn't have the guts to say that, then this is ALL ON HER. You're friend needs to have some guts in this situation.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Forgetting anything to do with this guy if that is the case and not a cop out then the best thing you can do for her is help her in some way deal with that.
    He is not the only guy in the world that eventually will want to be with her and if she can`t say no when she does not want to she is in for a miserable existence.
  • christine24t
    Options

October.

October huh? thats only a few months and if he goes to collage out of town he might have no clue what is going on. Sorry but if your friend wants this handled she needs to put her big girl panties on and text him a message. Hes not stalking her he is trying to hook up

Nope he lives in town!

And yeah I agree she needs to say something. Jen, I did almost send hiim something yesterday. I think the next time we hang out I'm just going to tell her either tell him no for good or ill steal her phone and do it.