Post your favorite breakfast here

Options
Here is mine:

SPINACH EGG SCRAMBLE

This is very low carb. It is my go-to SBD phase 1 breakfast.

INGREDIENTS:
3 eggs
2 big fists-full of fresh baby spinach (the pre-washed kind saves a lot of time). Frozen spinach or other greens (thawed and squeezed) would work too.
Whatever seasonings you wish to add

Here is exactly how I make it. It takes no longer than 5 minutes, and only dirties one skillet and two bowls.

1. Start heating non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Spray with oil spray.
2. Spread the spinach in the skillet and let it start to wilt as the skillet heats up.
3. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and beat them up (a fork will do the job). Add whatever seasonings you want. I might add Spike VegeSal, Garlic Mrs. Dash, and/or herbes de provence (my all-time favorite herb blend) or other dried herbs. Maybe a little dribble of Silk soy creamer, if I'm in the mood.
4. Give the wilting spinach a little stir and pour in the egg mixture. Scramble-cook the whole thing up.
5. Scrape it into a bowl and enjoy. It eats very well with chopsticks. I usually top mine with a couple drops of soy sauce and some fresh ground black pepper.

Replies

• fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    bump, always looking for new ideas...
  • boccpio
    boccpio Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I always eat three eggs scrambled in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and as much hot sauce as I can stand. Keeps me full till the afternoon.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Two eggs fried in butter, sunny side up, two strips of bacon. Simple, but my favorite breakfast.
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I break my fast with four slices of bacon, fried up so the pan is nice and greasy. Then I fry two eggs in the bacon fat, and about 80g of broccoli with half an ounce of cheddar melted into it. All in the same pan, quick, easy and wastes nothing!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been making egg salad with avocado. So good! I'm kind of bored with scrambled eggs and omelets right now, so it's nice to just keep hard boiled eggs made up and mix them with whatever sounds good.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    2 fried eggs, 3 oz of whatever protein I have handy and a tomato is my normal breakfast. The protein this morning was tri-tip steak left over from dinner a couple nights ago. We keep chickens in our yard, so normally my eggs are fresh, too. :-D
  • PaleoNewbi
    Options
    2 fried eggs, frozen spinach, fresh mushrooms in coconut oil. my go-to breakfast. :smile:
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    I always keep hard boiled eggs in my fridge for when I'm in a hurry so I can just grab one with some fruit.
    My favorite breakfast is 2 Morning Star Sausage Links and a 2 egg omlette with veggies (black olives, artichokes, spinach, mushrooms is my favorite combo).
    Sometimes I make a waffle "taco" using one frozen gluten free waffle; I'll spread 1-2 tblsp peanut butter and then layer some cut up strawberries on one half. Just fold it half like a "taco" and enjoy!
  • wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    The usual is 2 rashers of bacon, 2 sausages and 2 fried eggs cooked in butter.
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Atkins Bar
  • tjtemple
    Options
    Low carb muffin "sandowch" , usually hard cheese on top, with a lot of coffee!

If I'm in a hurry, 2 eggs scrambled cooked in the microwave.
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    2 mugs of coffee using heavy whipping cream

2 egg omelet fried in 1 Tbl butter. Add 1/2 oz NY extra sharp cheddar cheese - crumble it over.

When it's done and on the plate, I add plenty of garlic spice (that includes some parmesian cheese).

If you used to eat cold pizza for breakfast, this is emotionally as satisfying for me.
  • smithntuck
    smithntuck Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites, 1 slice turkey bacon, 1/8 cup of cheese, wrapped in an xtreeme wellness tortilla...fills me up and super quick!
  • Sasmin40
    Options
    I try to have different breakfasts. It changes from;
    Two boiled eggs
    Scrambled eggs with mushroom, onion, tomato, ham
    All bran slice with creme cheese and ham
    Crustless quiche
    Shake( if I'm in a hurry)
    And with that 1 cup of tea nd 1 cup of water with my vitamines.
  • Jentaylor0295
    Jentaylor0295 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat eggs (allergy) so my breakfast is either bacon (or sausage) with a medium sized tomato and a chunk of mozzarella or other cheese.
  • babyshekamoo
    babyshekamoo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Two eggs fried in butter, sunny side up, two strips of bacon. Simple, but my favorite breakfast.

Diddo! Hits the spot!
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    I cannot eat eggs (allergy) so my breakfast is either bacon (or sausage) with a medium sized tomato and a chunk of mozzarella or other cheese.

My wife can't eat eggs either. Recently she's been doing 2-3 oz of chicken tender, 1/2 cup chopped fresh green beans ... saute in EVOO, then add 1/4 avocado, 1 oz shredded cheese and roll up in a La Tortilla Factory Low Carb/High Fiber (net 6g carbs) tortilla.