Bokwa Calorie Burn

opaquewhite
opaquewhite Posts: 58 Member
Just wondering how many calories you guys burn during Bokwa! I'm 5'7" and 170 lbs, I burn about 650 during a Level 1 class. I'm a newbie though, so that might change.

Replies

• I haven't used my HRM at a Bokwa class as I find half the time it doesn't work anyway & it's uncomfortable (too sweaty). I just log it as high impact aerobics and get about 550 cals. I'm 5'8 and 173lb, I'm not sure what level the class is. I've been doing it since August. We do what I call the basics like C, L, Square, the L with the pull, we also do the X, J (which I hate) and the B, there are others but I don't know what they are called as I just do them. My instructor has said you can burn 1200 calories per hour session & she posted a pic from one of her friends HRM which showed that.
  • opaquewhite
    opaquewhite Posts: 58 Member
    I haven't used my HRM at a Bokwa class as I find half the time it doesn't work anyway & it's uncomfortable (too sweaty). I just log it as high impact aerobics and get about 550 cals. I'm 5'8 and 173lb, I'm not sure what level the class is. I've been doing it since August. We do what I call the basics like C, L, Square, the L with the pull, we also do the X, J (which I hate) and the B, there are others but I don't know what they are called as I just do them. My instructor has said you can burn 1200 calories per hour session & she posted a pic from one of her friends HRM which showed that.

UGH the J! I need to start standing on the other side of the room so I'll be behind everyone else until I get it, haha! 1200 cals is amazing, but I'm sure it depends on your size and fitness level?
  • whizzbangknits
    whizzbangknits Posts: 1 Member
    No idea, i'm going to base mine on aerobics, after my first class tonight, Wish me luck