Whole 30 Veteran - How's everyone doing??

Options
Dmkolls
Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
Hello!

I'm in my second Whole 30. Finished the first one December 27th, waited 5 or so days, and started my January one. Man, those 5 days proved to me that I needed to keep going with this Whole 30 because I was not yet to the "zone" to be off.

Second Whole 30 seems to be much smoother. However, I am keeping track of my carbs and fiber this go around. I'm not restricting my calories or fat, but I want to see where I land with normal eating on Whole 30.

Anybody here a veteran or adjusting the program to fit you? Just curious.

Replies

• ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi, have attempted it before but fallen off the wagon by eating things without thinking. I am trying really hard this time to get throuigh it.

I am not restricting calories either, but am not very high today. I will send you a friend request because it would be ineresting to see what you are eating, if that is okay?
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second and this one does seem easier. I tracked last time though and lost about 3lbs all month, I'm not tracking this time and have lost 5.4lbs the first week. Even though we're not supposed to weigh, I'm going to once a week to make sure I'm still on track. Not logging my foods is kinda freeing haha
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing this time around as well. I'm doing this with a coworker, and we literally make a signed agreement on what we're going to follow. I told her that I think we needed to add an exercise requirement this go around. We've got the food down, but we need to use our new found energy and put it towards movement.

Last go around I lost 10 pounds. HOWEVER, in the 5 days I was off, I managed to put 5 back on. =P I did not track any of my food the first time around, but I want to ensure that I'm not heavily relying on fruit, sweet potatoes, or nuts this go around. So, I'm using this to keep my mind focused.

In fact, tonight I'm going to roast beets instead of potatoes with dinner. I'm just trying to use the lower carb as an excuse to branch out into other veggies that I might never have tried before.
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've done two successful rounds in the past 15 months. This third is easier in the sense that I fully know what to expect, but it's also the first time I wasn't eating a fully paleo diet going into it. The first few days were a little rougher than I was used to. This time I'm going for a Whole60 to really tighten things up!
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 7 of my first Whole 30, and I'm really surprised at how well it's going. I was mostly concerned that my cravings for sugary sweets would lead me astray, but that hasn't been the case. Even my before bed snack fest has stopped. I'm feeling satisfied, if not really full from all my meals. I almost think I might need to reduce portion sizes slightly, although my calorie levels are so low I am a bit hesitant. I'm relying far too much on nut butters (coconut, almond) to satiate any random cravings between meals, and if I keep using them as a crutch I'm going to chuck them for now. Ok, they're expensive. Maybe I'll toss them in the freezer behind the veggies and premade meals. Out of sight, out of mind!

As for energy levels, I'm all over the place. Saturday I was irritable and tired. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday I felt fabulous. Today (day 7), I could NOT get out of bed! Not sure if I'm getting sick, because it's my TOM (most likely!), and just typical Day 7 feelings (I consult the Whole 30 timeline quite regularly for support and advice!). I'm exhausted and achy and have no clue how I'll stay awake for my 7:30 Crossfit class tonight.

The biggest victory so far has been the cravings though. People put out cookies in the office, I don't even care! A month ago, I would have been agonizing and trying to justify that if I eat "just one" cookie it would be ok because I'd run or workout "Extra hard" that night. Then I'd eat 5 cookies, feel sick and guilty, and work out to the point of exhaustion to punish myself. I don't ever want to find myself in that cycle again.
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    This is my second Whole30 also and this one is SO much easier. The only difficulties I have had is grating cheese for the family (my mouth was WATERING), but I didn't have any ;)