Why Weight Watchers

AleksD3
AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
I was wondering what brought everyone to WW rather than calories?

For me, I find it more fun and easier to count points rather than calories. It's almost like a game and I also like how protein and fiber are used in the points calculation.

I also find that exercise points are easier to figure out and I like the extra weekly points!

How about you?

Replies

• briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    I was wondering what brought everyone to WW rather than calories?

For me, I find it more fun and easier to count points rather than calories. It's almost like a game and I also like how protein and fiber are used in the points calculation.

I also find that exercise points are easier to figure out and I like the extra weekly points!

How about you?
    I agree with you..the points are easier and a lot more fun and I don't stress about the workout calories anymore.. I think that for a program to be so successful it has to be right for me, in this case I have lost so much weight with WW...and it has to be fun in order to not stress.
  • Ras_py
    Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
    because when i started counting cals instead of points i got fat again! LOL =) simple as that!
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    I actually have started to like counting calories. With points you just never know if you will lose weight or not.

That being said, I first began counting points under the original old points program which I still love. My reasons to sticking with it so long is that it allowed the flexibility to eat or estimate food portions/points while eating out at a birthday party or a BBQ. It was very flexible. I never felt deprived.
  • kabertrand63
    kabertrand63 Posts: 111 Member
    For me, I hated counting calories! Well, that was until recently. I'm a HUGE WW fan and the points weren't so intimidating and getting the weekly extra points was nice too. It works really well. Then, I started MFP and added the userscript to my chrome browswer to show the WW PP as well as the calories etc. At first, I thought 1,200 calories was way too little but when I compared for weeks, between online WW and MFP, I realized MFP is quite OK. In fact, I quit WW and am using MFP exclusively now. I can still see the points on MFP so I can do both for free :)
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    For me I am playing with it as in trying to see what works calories and counting pts lol. Im so tired of juggling pounds up and down that it makes me want to throw in the towel but I keep at it no matter what. I like that I can eat anything I want and as long as its in the pts then im good. Still trial and error for me but I really need to watch the sodium and sugar too along with carbs
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    It's so much easier to memorize points values than calories. I know just by looking at an item how many points a serving will be and can envision, in my mind's eye, how much a serving is. It also made me accountable to others instead of just myself. I no longer go to meetings, but I use everything I learned every day. It's an invaluable program with long lasting benefits!!