How far have u been?

Options
scythswife
scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
I am 8 miles up the trail. How far has everyone else made it?

Replies

• GiftsbyNature
    GiftsbyNature Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have made it 9.5! And my threadmill tried to kill me, with the assist of my three year old son...who un plugged it mid run! Not good! LOL

Great job Scythswife! Happy to be walking with you!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Just 1.5 miles. This is going to be a slow week for me. I also tried downloading a pedometer app, only to find out that my iPod is obsolete. So that was fun.
  • scythswife
    Options
    I have made it 9.5! And my threadmill tried to kill me, with the assist of my three year old son...who un plugged it mid run! Not good! LOL

awesome on how far u have gone, sucks that he unplugged it ouch and glad to be walking with u as well.
  • scythswife
    Options
    Just 1.5 miles. This is going to be a slow week for me. I also tried downloading a pedometer app, only to find out that my iPod is obsolete. So that was fun.

u r doing a great job at least ur going which is the important thing. that sucks about ur ipod, i have an app on mine but don't like it as a pedometer cause it only seems to read at chest level and well having it there all day would bug me, shorter runs and walks I can deal with but not long term. lol
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options

Ouch! I once stepped half off the belt while running on a treadmill, so my shoe was half on the belt, half on the stationary edge. That was an interesting few moments. My HRM showed an interesting blip round about that time LOL

I'm at 15.65, not counting today. WAY more than I thought! My new fitbit zip is completely responsible as I'm taking the dogs for longer walks to up my steps LOL
  • scythswife
    Options
    14.6 miles as of today
  • bathsheba_c
    Options
    About 4.7 so far. Really looking forward to getting back to my regular routine.
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I only got in 1.589 miles in so far this week :( I don't own a pedometer. I am hoping to log more in this weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) . Sorry it is definitely a challenge with a 22 month old and sixth month old.
  • grrupp
    Options
    I only got in 1.589 miles in so far this week :( I don't own a pedometer. I am hoping to log more in this weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) . Sorry it is definitely a challenge with a 22 month old and sixth month old.
  • Dunc1947
    Dunc1947 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not far, less than a mile, my right ankle is reminding me that I need to strengthen it before I can walk any distance. :cry:
  • scythswife
    Options

I can totally understand. lol
  • scythswife
    Options
    Not far, less than a mile, my right ankle is reminding me that I need to strengthen it before I can walk any distance. :cry:

yes strengthing it so u don't hurt urself is a big thing.
  • scythswife
    Options
    as of today I am 30.58 miles up the trail.
  • grrupp
    Options
    That's awesome! Good job. So how are we doing this? Recording our totals and adding them together each week?
  • bathsheba_c
    Options
    We are officially recording on Fridays how much we walked during the previous week, but we've just started, so a lot of us are excitedly posting how far we've gotten before the check-in day. :)
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Have I missed the official thread? I hope this isn't dying already!
  • scythswife
    Options
    I am 53.32 miles up the trail.
  • scythswife
    Options
    I am now 65.32 miles up the trail
  • momwow17
    momwow17 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I will be starting my virtual Appalachian Trail walk on Friday. I usually walk 3-5 miles each day. At this rate it will take me 2.2 years to complete the hike. By that time, I should be ready to do it for real. This is really inspiring to me!