Let's Start!

Options
spamantha57
spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
Today is my first day both starting my plan & on My Fitness Pal. I have a 6 month plan for losing 2 lbs per week to start right now. I'm gonna be really gun-ho the first couple of months particularly because I'm going to attempt to start Insanity tonight. o.O Also going to self-evaluate after 1 month & 2 months to be sure what I'm doing is working or if I need to adjust something. I'm really hoping most or all of you I start here with stay on board to help keep myself in check & in turn I'll do the same for you. :)
I really want to keep track of all my foods & do all my exercises this time around.

What about you guys?

Replies

• ruthlhenderson
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group... I have had many struggles these past few years with 9 surgeries included in these past two years. I got really depressed because of all my health problems. I started MFP recently because I want to eat healthy and live healthy. I was terribly overweight the beginning of 2012. I was 234 lbs. I am 5'3" and have a small bone structure so to be that heavy I felt horrible and never felt healthy enough to even heal from all the surgeries. Now I have lost over 100 lbs since then and I want to live healthy in eating and exercising as I can. I started MFP to stay on track and I joined this group that you started to do just that and be accountable. I look forward to walking this out and helping each other instead of all the negative criticism that I have received. I feel that this is a safe place to share my struggles with weight without feeling condemned.
  • spamantha57
    Options
    Thank you for joining & posting! Now I don't feel so alone haha! :)

I can relate to what you're saying in regards to health issues & being short - I can't even count how many times I had to go to the ER the past 3 years & I never went through something like that/ this in my life. I'm also only 5'2", so gaining 45 lbs was/ is ridiculous to me. I've been a dancer my whole life since I was 3 & had weighed 100-115 for most of my life. Not being able to dance or doing much else besides laundry & cooking really had a bad domino effect not just on my health but my mentality too. Being a person that constantly tries to overcome life-long depression really sux when you don't feel or even look like yourself. Now that I worked really hard overcoming some things last year that had prevented me from getting better (like my heart & anxiety disorders - which are not 100% better but a boatload better than how they were) I'm really happy & excited that I have the ability to continue to get better physically now.

That's also amazing that you lost over 100lbs! Wow! You must have worked really hard. Sometimes we may see things like that on TV but we really don't believe them because it feels like it would practically take a miracle to lose even 5 or 10 lbs. There is hope! I'm also planning a career in fitness & nutrition so ideally I'd like to see what something negative that happened to me can turn into something positive for others. I'm kind of the type who believes everything happens for a reason so I think part of this happened to me so that I can better understand the struggles & roadblocks that some others get.
  • melly1039
    Options
    I don't have any particular plan for losing weight. I was thinking that maybe just eating less and exercising more would be alright for me. I gained 10lbs over Winter break, making me 320lbs at this very moment. Let's just say I need a ton of help.
  • spamantha57
    Options
    Welcome Melly! :)
  • mhixxie
    mhixxie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP today because I've been hearing about how good it is. And I decided to join this group because it will help me stay motivated. I'm currently 5ft 5 and I'm 145 lbs I need to lose about 30 lbs, and I used the 6months plan to lose 2 pounds a week. I hope you help me.
  • spamantha57
    Options
    Hi mhixxie! I'm on here every day now so we can help each other stay motivated. :)
    I had planned to lose 2lbs/ week but just lost 1 in 2 weeks so far. I do notice a difference in my body already though from exercising so that's encouraging at least.