crazy low calories and balancing protein/fat/carbs

Options
Okay, perhaps the food items listed are not accurate, but today I ate wonderfully, lusciously, and my calories came to 1300. Crazy! I so love paleo!

I am still learning a lot, trying to figure out roughly how many grams of protein, fat and carbs to aim for. Today I had 61 grams carbs, 76 grams fat and 101 grams protein. The only figure I'm pretty confident about is the protein, but still about the others.

What do you all aim for?

Replies

• MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    carbs under 50g when I'm trying to lose weight.
    Protein of 160g's when lifting.
    nothing else matters to me now ;)
  • JohnNull
    JohnNull Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Carbs post-workout.

The end.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I try and keep my carbs under 80 and my protien above 100 - Fat i don't worry about since my main sources are nuts, avocados and coconut and olive oil
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I try and keep my carbs under 80 and my protien above 100 - Fat i don't worry about since my main sources are nuts, avocados and coconut and olive oil

^^This

Plus my n=1 conclusion: The more fat I eat (usually over 100 grams a day), the easier I lose.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I try to keep carbs around or below 50 since I have weight to lose, aim for 100g protein at least, then fill the rest with fat.
  • ethelapple
    Options
    My carbs are anywhere between 50-100 G usually (I have plenty of weight to lose....probably should go lower, and have sometimes...), I'm happy to get 100 G protein a day and the rest fat....
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Which measurement of carbs are you guys usuing? Total Carbs (including fiber) or Net Carbs (subtracting fiber)?

I guess I need to know if I need to net out to less than 80 or 50 after removing fiber's count since we cannot digest it anyway....
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I use net since we can't digest the fiber. Makes more sense to me that way
  • laureleafy
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to take that approach that a lot of you suggest, and see what happens. Last time I did this (did the Whole 30) I just ate and didn't keep track and felt fantastic. This time I am just curious about the numbers.
  • IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have a problem meeting the daily calories... so I ignore.. I keep my Carbs under 50 also