New to Group....

Options
I am doing the South Beach (type) diet. I started two days ago. I will be 45 this year and weigh in at a whopping 345. I have lost and gained weight over my entire lifespan, but never really devoted myself to a diet before.

I found it ironic to be eating a whole box of butterfinger bites while reading the weightloss edition of People Magazine (January 2013) I thought to myself, "Why am I doing this to myself? Wishing I was skinny." Needless to say I have made my decision and started my "DIE-it" journey on Monday 1-7-2013. I even started my blog, and am logging my intake on myfitnesspal. I am still learning the ways of South Beach or Low Carb eating, and fitness pal gave me a calorie intake of 1900 for now. so basically I have been eating low carb up to 1900 calories or less. Right now I am not doing any fitness plan.

My first goal is 50 pounds.

If anyone had some suggestions regarding SB or Low Carb or if it sounds like I am doing something wrong, please let me know.... My ultimate goal is to get down to 190. I am 5"11 and large framed so I think I would be comfortable at that weight....I guess we will see when I get there.

Thanks for reading!

Dana

Replies

• PoppiSeed
    PoppiSeed Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hey Dana,

Congrats on taking this first step - it can be quite daunting but I think you've passed the difficult stages :-)
    Believe me, I've convinced myself over the years that I am not overweight - and it wasn't until all my favourite clothes stopped fitting that I actually woke up and said to myself, if tucking my tummy doesn't help, then I must really be fat!

I currently weigh 115.3kg (254.2lb) and my highest weight this past year was 125kg (275.1lb) - and I know how I got there. Visit my blog anytime to talk about anything www.poppiseed-journal.blogspot.com

I think we all have to find what works for each of us... and unfortunately, we have to go through countless diets before we find the "one". We can only be sure that there is no magic pill and most of our weight is food-related or food-combination-related

Good luck on your journey and remember not to pressurize yourself too much - and try not to be too goal orientated... don't put dates to your goals because when the date arrives and the outrageous goal / target isn't met, then we fall apart

:wink: