Day 3 - Combat 45: Power Kata

Options
telcochik
telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
See I told you this was the best one so far!!! I LOVE that ginga section so much. Instead of my rest day tomorrow I'm doing this one again.

What did you guys think?

Replies

• drlaurafsu
    drlaurafsu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately mine has a scratch in it...It skips about 5 minutes about midway through. I already emailed BB about it and hopefully they will send me a new disk shortly. But overall I did like the workout. Looking forward to the "rest" day tomorrow.

I am also doing Nike Plus for Kinect Personal Training 4x per week, working with my trainer 1x per week, walking at lunch when I can and trying to make it to the gym a couple of times a week. So yesterday I had a total of 3 workouts...today and tomorrow only 1 which I am looking forward to. With this schedule there is no true rest day for me at this point, only slower days. I am also using my fitbit to count steps...with a goal of at least 10k steps and 25 flights of stairs. It makes for a very busy routine...but I tend to focus so much better on what I eat when I workout harder.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Laura - I'm glad you contacted BB about getting a replacement dvd. That sucks that your's had a scratch on it. Hopefully BB customer service was responsive and your replacement is on its way. You sound like you're totally focused on getting fit. Good for you! Talk to your trainer but please make sure you're not overdoing it with all those workouts. Your body needs rest (at least active recovery) so you don't get injured. I'm proud of you though for your commitment.
  • drlaurafsu
    Options
    Believe me....I am focused on not getting hurt. When I was doing Insanity I started having some knee pain due to a muscle imbalance...then while in physical therapy for that my shoulder started bothering me. Ended up having it scoped which set me back over a year and I regained about 20 pounds of the 40 I had lost.
  • beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Definitely my favorite workout so far! No burpees!!!!! :P

I did feel a little lost at times. I do the best at the end of a set when you're just doing the complete routine. I get so confused when they switch from eight punches or kicks to four, then to two. I guess I need to start counting along until I memorize the routine.

I plan on doing Chalean Burn 2 tonight, but it's my happy hour night, so we'll see if that really happens. I don't, I do it tomorrow since it's a Combat Rest Day.

Lo
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I liked to add Power Kata onto days I've done something else, so on my Lower Body Lean or Upper Body Burn Out days, Power Kata is the perfect supplement to them. I also like Power Kata on my days I run or bike for my second workout. It's a good intense workout, but not so over the top I can't add on.
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Definitely my favorite workout so far! No burpees!!!!! :P

I did feel a little lost at times. I do the best at the end of a set when you're just doing the complete routine. I get so confused when they switch from eight punches or kicks to four, then to two. I guess I need to start counting along until I memorize the routine.

^^^ THIS! did ok with the punches... the kicks, forgettaboutit! :huh: LOL! And YAY to the no burpees!!! Me no likey :tongue:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Maybe I'm gonna have to give away a prize to the person that pumps out the most burpees at the end of our little 60 day challenge!! :tongue: :laugh:

Who's in????
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,449 Member
    Options
    Just finished! Totally loved this workout, and I did use my weighted gloves also. Really burning the arms. So far this is my favorite, and am looking forward to checking out all the workouts. Dan was very funny in this one, he made me laugh out loud a couple of times. :laugh: My DVD did okay until the very end when Dan is talking. It started to get pixel problems, will probably have to call bb about that one. No rest day for me tomorrow, it will be the second Hiit workout (I'm pretty sure

Finally am posting my stats:

SW: 174
    Arms: 12-1/2
    W: 35-1/4
    H: 40-1/2
    T: 23-1/2

Have a great night!
    Laurie
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    Options
    My legs are SO sore today. Not sure if I should take it easy tomorrow and just walk or what I should do. Don't want to overdo it too much and burn out especially since this is my first week of working out in a LONG time.
  • telcochik
    Options
    There are 2 rest days built into the basic schedule for a reason so if you're too sore then take the day as active recovery. Walking is a great idea or maybe do some yoga/pilates/stretching and get back to Combat tomorrow. By next week you may feel better and can do the extra day of workout. Do what you can and don't stress about it.
  • drlaurafsu
    Options
    Fitmamma - I am enjoying the rest day today. Most of my soreness has subsided but I was exhausted last night. I'll try and walk at lunch and have an evening workout schedule for something else...but just being able to sleep in a bit and not have to hit the ground running this morning was a luxury.
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    Options
    There are 2 rest days built into the basic schedule for a reason so if you're too sore then take the day as active recovery. Walking is a great idea or maybe do some yoga/pilates/stretching and get back to Combat tomorrow. By next week you may feel better and can do the extra day of workout. Do what you can and don't stress about it.

That's what I plan on doing. Was thinking some yoga would be good to help relax me. Even brought my heating pad to work with me today and plan on walking during lunch.
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    Options
    Fitmamma - I am enjoying the rest day today. Most of my soreness has subsided but I was exhausted last night. I'll try and walk at lunch and have an evening workout schedule for something else...but just being able to sleep in a bit and not have to hit the ground running this morning was a luxury.

Yes, it was SO nice to sleep in. Almost too nice. LOL! Have an awesome day!!!