Day 8 - Making Habits Stick

Day 8 - Making Habits Stick

Making habits stick requires repetition. That's why I wanted all of us to create schedules, share them, and stick to them. The more we stick to our schedules, the more your workouts become habit. Soon you'll wonder how you ever went without exercise or a workout schedule!

Making the To-do list is an integral part of your daily routine, so keep a list and check it often (some words of wisdom adopted from Chalene Johnson)!

Add tasks as they occur to you throughout the day. This will help you remain accountable and will clear your mind to be present for activities instead of worrying that you're going to forget something.

Also, people will know they can rely on you because when you think of something that needs to be done, you write it directly into your To-do list.
Check your To-do list every hour. I'm serious about this. Complete a task or two during downtime throughout the day.

Fine-tune your timing. Get used to the time you have chosen to make your To-do list as an essential part of your routine and make that time a priority.

Enjoy the freedom and productivity of making meaningful progress towards your goals. You're not just getting random tasks done. You're moving towards your dreams!

If you already use a to-do list, share with us how you use it in your daily life and how you make it work for you.

Xo,

Brittny

Replies

• EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Fortunately for me, there are only so many Jazzercise classes a week that I can attend. Most of my workouts are already scheduled for me :smile: .

I live by to do lists and notes. I don't have the best short-term memory, so I have to write most everything down. I have a purse-sized notebook that I carry around, so it's with me at all time.