Tigger Foods

Options
What trigger foods do you find makes your pain or fibro fog worse?

Replies

• vxb122
    vxb122 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Carbs. I got so damn sick that I could barely function. I opened up Dr Atkin's and went on it like a religious experience. After losing 50 lbs on it I felt so much better. I was able to live on it for two years and then I just couldn't do it anymore. Up went the weight and my pain levels.

The next adventure was Doctor Bernstein's diet. I lost 86 lbs and felt totally normal. I had tons of energy, could partake in anything I liked. Slept like a log. Had no pain and clarity of mind was solid. It was low carb and only 750 calories per day. I dropped 86 pounds in four months on this puppy. I couldn't hold that either and quickly gained it all back with friends.

I hate low carb diets.

I'm in a lot of pain and hoping exercise and a balance diet will turn my life around. I know I am vastly improved on low carb but I cannot live that way despite feeling like someone beat me with a stick most of the time.

I shoot B12 injectable for my Fibro Fog. Works wonders. You can get it over the counter along with the needles. It's about $10 and it is the only form of B12 that helps. I can actually match up words with images once it hits my system. If you have FibroFog you will know what I am talking about. The other types of B12 are too hard for the body to absorb and don't work.

I am in the process of a lifestyle change and hopefully weight loss will be a side effect of it along with better health. Diets don't work. Lifestyle changes do and it includes tracking for the rest of my life. People who track lose 2/3rds more weight and I bet they don't gain it back either. So tracking and exercise is my focus.
  • MKV88
    MKV88 Posts: 18
    Options
    I am desperatly trying to lower my carb intake, ( with out any of the special diet plans). I have heard that artifical sweeteners are really nasty triggers so i'm staying away from those as well.
  • Marti69
    Options
    Yes I took try not to use artificial sugars too...and yes I find that when i over do it on carb's I have bad flare ups ...
  • ThereOnceWasAUnionMaid
    Options
    I have celiac disease and have found that anything with wheat, rye or barley (gluten) causes a big flare up in my fibro. But I do fine with non-gluten carbs so everyone is definitely different. Other than gluten, it doesn't seem like any foods actually cause a flare up for me. But it's so interesting to see what makes others hurt.
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My food triggers are often artificial sweeteners, caffeine, large amounts of salt and preservatives such as sulfates/sulfides

Cold and Damp together are also triggers for me.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I suffer in the cold to. I think I have been better since doing around 30% carbs and mostly eating clean. If I eat badly, I feel awful. For me my biggest trigger is stress. I have to avoid it, and do my best to remove myself from any stressful situations. I've had to really analyse who is making me ill and remove them from my life. It's been the only way for me to get myself feeling better.

Zara.
  • necee99
    necee99 Posts: 52
    Options
    I am desperatly trying to lower my carb intake, ( with out any of the special diet plans). I have heard that artifical sweeteners are really nasty triggers so i'm staying away from those as well.

yes this is soooo true. i found this list of trigger stuff on a website. hope it helps.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/231778-fibromyalgia-diet-plan/
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/330327-foods-that-may-affect-fibromyalgia-symptoms/
  • Darklady5
    Options
    I have celiac disease and have found that anything with wheat, rye or barley (gluten) causes a big flare up in my fibro. But I do fine with non-gluten carbs so everyone is definitely different. Other than gluten, it doesn't seem like any foods actually cause a flare up for me. But it's so interesting to see what makes others hurt.

I have the same problem food with gluten is terrible for me for sure. I think it's easier to say what can I eat lol. I love cheese, all kind of cheese but it's poison for me, except low fat fresh cheese which I can eat with no fears. some wholegrain cereals and bread are not good either for me. I have to try a few brands till i find out which one is suitable for me. I can't eat fast food, another poison!
    Chocolate.... I can't live without it, so i do eat loads of dark chocolate but i feel fine with it. Red meat just kills me!
    Beans, cauliflower, cabbages - can't eat them either.
    I have a long list of food that causes me more pain and flare-ups but like you said we are all different,