What next?

Options
thegrita
thegrita Posts: 5 Member
Week eight is here and tomorrow should finish my C25K, yippee. My question is what next build time or speed?
I am a slow jogger a 52 years of age with some health issues. I average of 3.6 or so on a treadmill should I try to go faster or build times first?
Thanks
Thegrita

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    It's up to you but it seems like most people move on to the 10k after they finish C25K. That's my plan after I finish next week. Then I'd like to be at the half marathon level by the end of the year.
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I finished the C2 5K and am now doing the 5k to 10K. The 10K program has some tempo runs that will help you build up your speed.
  • ClarkWierda
    ClarkWierda Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That will depend on how you adapt to the training. I've found it easier to add time before adding speed.

I'll add my vote for working toward the 10K. That is a great distance.

Good Luck!
  • thegrita
    thegrita Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I think you guys are right it may do me well to build my length of runs first & if I am meant to go faster that will happen along the way .:happy:
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I went to the 5k to 10k program. I use the app from active.com. It slowly increases your time but also incluses tempo runs to also gradually build your speed as well. I will hopefully be running W2D1 this weekend.
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I finished the Ease into 5K app from Bluefin a few weeks before Christmas. I trained Mon, Wed, & Fri so when I finished the app I just continued my Mon, Wed and Friday and ran for 30 min. This week I started the Bridge to 10K app. I am not fast at all but that will come with time and weight loss!