Team Black Eyed Susan (ALL TBD Brides! ;)

Options
lawyerette
lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
Congrats to the Black Eyed Susans!

I think that coming up with a name is quite the accomplishment, especially given that you haven't picked your date yet :) You all have some new members today, so be sure to check the list and get acquainted with our newbies.

Remember, this is your team message area. Use it to coordinate your team activities, team challenges, etc. It's your space :)

I've also included the current list of your group here as well, in case you want it for reference. Over the next week, I'll be back to edit this list as we incorporate our last few brides, so keep an eye on your list for new additions :)

Have fun ladies!

Jess3742a (Jessica)
LynnModest (Becca)
MrsBHobbs (Angie)
cookiemahnster (Catherine)
DLSlim (Danielle)
Missita84 (Melissa)
Tamiceji (Tamice)
elvisbaby88 (Casey)
catherinejw122 (Catherine)
abrewer563 (Ashley)
missbuki (Buki)
kittylee79 (Kristy)
xstarriexeyezx (Jess)

25gfmew.jpg

Replies

• cookiemahnster
    cookiemahnster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yay us! So glad we have a name :) How is wedding planning going for all of you?

Feel free to add me as a friend - would love to get updates on how all my teamies are doing ;)
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You mean I actually have to plan the wedding?!

I added you :)
  • missbuki
    missbuki Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WHOOP WHOOP! We have a name :smile:

Hi ladies, hope your all doing well. I have only just started on my healthy lifestyle journey (so forgive me if I am telling you something you know already :blushing: ) and have been thinking about ways I can keep myself motivated. I wanted to set S.M.A.R.T goals and followed this guide http://www.fitwatch.com/weight-loss/how-to-set-smart-weight-loss-goals-3571.html

enjoy setting goals if you you find this helps.
  • missbuki
    Options
    I visited the National wedding so here in the UK just for fun and so far I have pics on my laptop of ideas and thats it...so far
  • kittylee79
    kittylee79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am still in early days of organising although wedding will be sometime in November I think this year. I only got engaged on New Years day though so yeah very early days!

Am excited to get to my first exhibition and see some dresses and other things.

Lets all keep each other motivated and get ready for the best year ever!
  • catherinejw122
    catherinejw122 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I was engaged this past December, but I think we are having a semi-long engagement and getting married in Spring 2015! We need to save up after just graduating from college :P
    But I've started a lot of research!!! And trying to figure out wedding party details. YIKES. I love planning though :)
  • breelovesderby
    Options
    Just been placed in this group! <3 woot!!
    I have no date yet, as we just talked about getting engaged, but
    I would like to be down to 160 before we get married.
    My UGW for the end of my journey is 135.
    My goal for this is to lose 25 pounds. (: I suck at planning, and I am scared for the wedding already.
    Hopefully I will get to feel beautiful at my best. Feel free to add me ladies.
  • xstarriexeyezx
    xstarriexeyezx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely team :)
    Because of a lack of funds, time and date all I know at the moment is the kind of wedding I want (Marquee with lots of lights) and my dress... had to have a bit of a look as a family member is ill and if he turns terminal we wanted to have it before he passes but at the moment I am in a massive state of limbo.
    Was wondering if anyone would be interested in a team challenge this week? not sure what but I really want to lose as much as possible these next few weeks as I have a family photo shoot for my parents anniversary mid february and well I respond well to friendly competition ;)
    xx
  • missbuki
    Options
    Team challenge sounds good to me...anyone have any ideas?
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Another group I'm in did exercise minutes or calories burned. I think the minutes is more fair across the board, but they are both great. Just a suggestion for you all. Also, we won't be doing these as this weeks group challenge :)
  • brown_organics
    brown_organics Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!!

I'm new to the group and I look forward to losing weight with you!! I have about 60-70 to lose and I think I've found my dress!!!

Our date is either this fall or Spring 2014-- once we lock in a location we will have a date:)

Kim
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Black Eyed Susans!

You all did great for weigh-in turnout yesterday. Still need to hear from:

Becca
    Angie
    Tamice
    Kristy

Thanks, Ladies!
  • kittylee79
    kittylee79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have posted you my WI now. Thanks, Kirsty x
  • abrewer563
    Options
    Hey everyone! Glad we finally decided on a name, we are clearly an indecisive bunch! My wedding plans are non-existent, on paper at least. My fiance wants a destination wedding for just the two of us.... I want a big wedding with brides maids, dresses, lovey dovey vows, flowers and the whole nine.

We'll see what happens :) I was hoping to get married in September 2013 around the time we purchase our house so we can just get it all done and over with. I'm still trying for this one...

Has anyone decided on a honey moon location?
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Has anyone decided on a honey moon location?

My fiance and I want to go on a Caribbean cruise as he has never been and doesn't believe me about the beautiful blue water. Just thinking about the honeymoon is motivation enough for me. I want to rock a bikini up on deck all day long!
  • brown_organics
    Options
    we are thinking of Europe-- Spain, France, Switzerland.

Are any of you ladies doing the STAR challenge this week?
  • ElvisBaby88
    ElvisBaby88 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Not sure where we will go yet, @brown_organic Trying my hardest to do the STAR challenge- I don't have a problem staying within calories but I almost always go over in protein :(
  • brown_organics
    Options
    hey ladies!!

just wondering when are you thinking of having your wedding?

We are thinking fall or Spring 2014... I am hoping for early october-- trying to lose 2lbs a week so I can hit my goal by July/ August.

@starbaby88--- my biggest challenge is water!
  • abrewer563
    Options
    hey ladies!!

just wondering when are you thinking of having your wedding?

We are thinking fall or Spring 2014... I am hoping for early october-- trying to lose 2lbs a week so I can hit my goal by July/ August.

@starbaby88--- my biggest challenge is water!

We have a few dates floating around... I was hoping for Sept. 13 2013 but he thinks it's too soon, so we'll hold off for a while. :) Maybe May 2014.
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Good morning, ladies.

Congrats on your 2nd place Team win this week! I am following up on the Week 2 Results post that mentions changing how we report in for Week 3 and forward where I mentioned a Team Captain.

After struggling to track down weight and challenge results for 100+ brides for 2 sequential weeks, I think that the weekly tracking and reporting of weight and challenges will go much more smoothly if each bride reports in to their own team. From other challenges I've observed, messaging one member of your team (the "team captain") is the easiest and most efficient way to do this. You may pick anyone you wish to collate and report the info each week. As an FYI, the brides who have consistently gotten their info in for your team include Catherine (cookiemahnster), Danielle, Melissa, Ashley, Buki, Kristy, and Jess.

Once you have decided who is reporting in, let me know and I will send you the tracking form through email.

Also, the following is the current list of your brides:

abrewer563 (Ashley)
    breelovesderby (Bree) - no report Week 2
    brown_organics (Kim)
    catherinejw122 (Catherine) - no report Week 2
    cookiemahnster (Catherine)
    DLSlim (Danielle)
    elvisbaby88 (Casey) - no report Week 2
    Jess3742a (Jessica) - no report Week 2
    kittylee79 (Kristy)
    LynnModest (Becca) - no report since sign-up
    missbuki (Buki)
    Missita84 (Melissa)
    MrsBHobbs (Angie)
    Tamiceji (Tamice) - no report since sign-up
    xstarriexeyezx (Jess)

If you all could follow-up and let me know who is still participating on your team, that would be great! I think one or two brides may be travelling or having family crisis, but with several thousand messages in my inbox I've lost track. With that in mind, we'll give everyone one more week to check in.

Thanks so much :)

~Elizabeth