Team Dolvett- Week 1 Challenge

Options
jomom2
jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
I am so excited to begin the challenge! First, I will put the list of all the members on my team. Also, I will try to friend everyone, if I miss someone, please friend me. Thanks!

TEAM CAPTAIN: JOMOM2

BRIDGETFORFITNESS
ROBYNHAM84
LIQUIDFEET
LITTLELUCY23
EAB12191
NGWARAI2012
SOYAKNOW
USH87
LOVINGCRUZ
LBSELL
KATMELA
IORNS78
BOXNCHIC
HWARDLE
TURNE1
PSYCHOMOMXS4
IUANGINA
WEASEL9999
FROMFAT2FIT2012
MRS_CARTER
LHIGGINS303
MTNCHICK3355
HEIDIENGLUND
DILLYG08

Ok, now that we have the team in order! Lets get started!

1.) Motivation and Support is key! So lets friend each other and cheer everyone, especially when we feel like giving up!

2.) Every Monday night, I will post a topic for weigh ins. I will close it on Wednsday mornings. If by chance you will not have time to weigh in, or other circumstances come up (vacations, emergencies ect.) Just send me a message. If I do not hear from you by Wednsday morning, you will automatically by deleted from the challenge.

3.) Every Tuesday I will also post a new weekly challenge for our group. I hope everyone participates or tries as much as possible.

HERE WE GO!

Replies

• jomom2
    Options
    3500 CALORIES BURNED = 1 lb. LOSS CHALLENGE! So lets see how many calories we can burn this week. Each day post your calories burned here, at the end of the week I will add it up. If you would like also add what workout you did to achieve the burn!

A second part that I would like to add. Calculate your BMI. I will keep that and at the end of the 12 week challenge we can see if it has changed. (THIS IS NOT MANDATORY) But, I think it will help us.

****Side Note to our NEWBIES: We have been doing these challenges for a year now. Pam calculates all the percentages of weight loss for us each week and at the end of week twelve she calculates how much weight each person has lost. She is super dedicated to us. Thanks Pam!!!

SO TEAM, HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK!! ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE MESSAGE ME!

JOANNE
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    ****GO TEAM DOLVETT****

I am so pumped about this. It will probably be a challenge to get all those calories in, since I'm a bit under the weather, but I am gonna try my hardest.

Suggestion: I wonder if someone could create a spread sheet to track our weight as a goup, then we'll know for sure at the end how much we've loss. Sometimes it can be tedious going through all the threads. If you have one location to put it in on a weekly basis that would be awesome. I know it can get done by Google, but I am not sure how to do it. Maybe someone in our group knows. Either way, I'll create my personal tracker.

BMI - 29.3
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Calories burned from Tuesday?
  • jomom2
    Options
    ****GO TEAM DOLVETT****

I am so pumped about this. It will probably be a challenge to get all those calories in, since I'm a bit under the weather, but I am gonna try my hardest.

Suggestion: I wonder if someone could create a spread sheet to track our weight as a goup, then we'll know for sure at the end how much we've loss. Sometimes it can be tedious going through all the threads. If you have one location to put it in on a weekly basis that would be awesome. I know it can get done by Google, but I am not sure how to do it. Maybe someone in our group knows. Either way, I'll create my personal tracker.

BMI - 29.3

Hi and welcome! Pam does all the spread sheets for the group. I forgot that we have newbies on this challenge and I forgot to explain that. Have a great week!
  • jomom2
    Options

Yes it would be great if we could start with todays calories burned. If you do not have a number for today, it is fine to start tomorrow. Have an amazing week!
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wednesday:

331 calories burned

BMI: 42.9
  • jomom2
    Options

Yes it would be great if we could start with todays calories burned. If you do not have a number for today, it is fine to start tomorrow. Have an amazing week!
    Sorry im thinking today is tuesday lol. Todays calories burned is fine!
  • jomom2
    Options
    Wednesday:

331 calories burned

Heather welcome back! So glad you are on my team!
  • jomom2
    Options
    716-calories burned today/ walked for 90 mins.

BMI 47.5
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Tayonia but everyone calls me TJ

Tuesdays burn- 1002cal Turbo Fire 55 EZ class(new class) and Zumba 2 on Wii
    Wednesdays burn- 1160cal Turbo Fire 30 & Stretch 10 (43 min) and 50min run/12min walk/5min stretch (68min)
  • LittleLucy23
    Options
    This is the first time I will be doing a Challenge. I think it's a fantastic way to be motivated. Started walking for exercise.
    I have a question: Can I get calories burned from exercise log on MFP?
  • jomom2
    Options
    Hello I am Tayonia but everyone calls me TJ

Tuesdays burn- 1002cal Turbo Fire 55 EZ class(new class) and Zumba 2 on Wii
    Wednesdays burn- 1160cal Turbo Fire 30 & Stretch 10 (43 min) and 50min run/12min walk/5min stretch (68min)

Welcome TJ! WOW great burns!!! I am Joanne
  • LittleLucy23
    Options
    My BMI is 35.8 and I only burned 120 calories.
  • jomom2
    Options
    This is the first time I will be doing a Challenge. I think it's a fantastic way to be motivated. Started walking for exercise.
    I have a question: Can I get calories burned from exercise log on MFP?

Hi Little Lucy! Welcome! Yes you can get your calories burned from MFP. That is how I have been getting my numbers lately because my Polar watch broke.
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    1/8:
    Air Climb Stepper (60 mins): burned 980 cals
    Jamie Eason's Livefit Legs workout (20 mins): burned 142 cals

Total burn today: 1,122 cals

BMI: 40.9
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    1/8 burn: 959 calories

Today: 695 calories

BMI: 40.2
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Please check the user name "MTNCHICK335" try to send my new team member a welcome and that member couldn't be found.
  • boxnchic
    boxnchic Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 340 calories burned C25K
    Wednesday 288 calories burned moving boxes

BMI 47.1
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wednesday:

331 calories burned

Heather welcome back! So glad you are on my team!

I know I was so excited when i saw that you were the team captain! I love these biggest loser challenges
  • Soyaknow
    Soyaknow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good day everyone.
    I burned 175 calories with 30 minutes walking (strong incline for a third of it) and 5 minutes weight lifting (arms). That's pretty good for me. I hope to increase to a good 90 minute work out.

BMI 40.1

I haven't weighed myself for a good while. SHOCKED to see a number in the 240's. Never ever seen myself over 225. Ugh!

Go get this team!