january week 2 mini challenge

Options
demilade
demilade Posts: 402 Member
Here is tomorrows mini challenge.

Hydration - Are you drinking enough?

Water is great for weightloss. Some of the benefits of drinking plenty or water are :

* It helps flush the toxins and fat out of your body
* The more you drink the less water you retain
* It improves your complexion
* Often when we are looking for something to eat, we are really thirsty, not hungry
* It keeps you full and can help you loose weight as your not eating as much.

Tomorrows challenge : Get at least 8 large glasses of water in. This is on top of your normal juice/tea/coffee/soda.

A good way to do it is have a large glass of water 30mins before each meal. As well as a glass as soon as you get up and just before bed. Make sure you have a large glass of water before you reach for a snack, It might be all you need.

Good luck, and stay hydrated!

Replies

• betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    This is a great challenge, its something I have been working hard on!
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    I really need to work on my water, I usually get about 4-5 in a day.
  • demilade
    Options
    I think it really makes a difference! I snack less and I had a good loss the week I really focussed, and then i slipped.

FYI - you should have 1.5 liters of clear or very pale pee a day. if its dark your dehydrated!
  • AliciaCharmaine
    Options
    This is a challenge I can be successful at! Water and green tea are all I drink typically. I am excited for this challenge.
  • demilade
    Options
    I have a 1L drink bottle and im on the second one for today so should make it, but its a struggle. tomorrow wil be super hot so hopefully that will make me drink more!
  • Joyyfull4u
    Joyyfull4u Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm on this! I need to increase my water intake. Since I gave up soda for last weeks mini challenge I been drinking more water. And a good workout always make me thirsty.
  • demilade
    Options
    Okay, its 830 am and I have had 2 large glasses of water, plus my home made juice, so im off to a good start. My 1L water bottle is on the desk beside me and I aim to empty it by lunch time.
  • KCSF
    KCSF Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    :happy: I have always been good at this! I drink three to four 33oz bottles of water a day. I have a really nice Camelback bottle that I carry with me EVERYWHERE! And when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere. It has been in meeting, fishing, shopping, on planes, in a dozen states, at the movie, gym, family reunions, bowling, pool, and even the bar. :) It is a great habit to encourage!
  • KCSF
    KCSF Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    How do you calculate calories for homemade juice? I have been avoiding making it because I didn't know how to add it to MFP.
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Did it! My hubby and I have been carrying around a bottle of our own too! Mine is pink and his is green!

KCSF - For juice I have just been adding the info for the whole fruit/vegetable (but weighing each thing beforehand). I know that the fiber and some other nutrients will be off because it will be lost in the pulp, but I think it's the best/easiest way to account for the calories, which is the most important measurable for me right now.
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    PS. Demi I love love love this challenge. Drinking water is always my go to when I'm feeling munchie. When I want a piece of chocolate, I make myself drink my WHOLE water bottle first (around 22 ounces, or .65L) and then wait like 10 minutes. Usually then I'm good, unless it's my TOM, then I'll eat chocolate no matter how much water I drink first haha :tongue:
  • demilade
    Options
    lol for juice i log it as normal fruit veg.

water check - just over 2 liters so far
  • dointammy
    dointammy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky drinking water has never been a struggle for me I average 12 glasses a day plus whatever else I drink. Today I worked late and ended up drinking 12 glasses will probably have 2 more before I go to bed.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • demilade
    Options
    Got my target in yesterday and trying again today