Jan. 28th - 223 (-7)
    Feb. 4th - 222 (-1)
    Feb. 11th - 219 (-3)
    Feb. 18th - 217.6 (-1.4)
    Feb. 25th - 215.2 (-2.4)
    Mar. 4th - 217.8 (+ 2.6)
    Mar. 11th - 216.5 (-1.3)

14.5/30 lost. 11 weeks left.

i thought i was going to kill my goal, but i didn't expect to have so many setbacks. i guess i'm still glad to be where i am.

• exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    So how did everyone do? I ran my half marathon...
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Congrats! That's quite the achievement! :drinker:

Here's what I wrote at the start of the year:
    Mostly, I want to stay on track; I lost about 30 lbs in 2012 and I feel like that's a good pace and I'm getting good results.

I ended up losing another 15 lbs and stayed on track - this is no small feat as every other time I've tried to lose weight I've fallen off the bandwagon within a year or so. I'm going on 2 years now!
    I want to keep eating well (and enjoying my new passion for cooking), and keep pushing myself physically to see what I can accomplish (I keep surprising myself!)

I started lifting weights in February and LOVE it. I've increased the loads on all my lifts by quite a bit this year - I'm now deadlifting my bodyweight for reps! :D I also am now able to do chinups for the first time ever, and took a few minutes of my 5k run time :)
    But, if I was really honest, my deep, dark confession is that what I REALLY want to achieve in 2013 is something like this: 294ny35.jpg

:blushing:

I have no idea if that's at all feasible, but boy would that ever help with my body image issues. I keep hoping that under my soft bits there is a straight-up-and-down, muscled, boy body somewhere.

Well, you can't fight bone structure unfortunately, but I did manage this:

29c0tc1.jpg

And this:

e5l6q9.png

So I'm definitely on my way. :bigsmile: I've been bulking since August to put on some more muscle and will soon be cutting again to see how things are looking, then will probably start bulking again at the end of the summer :) Here's to 2014!
  • strongestgirl10
    strongestgirl10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    2014 Goals:
    1. Lose my winter bulk weight and lean out to see the magnificent muscle underneath.
    2. Continue to maintain said muscle.
    3. Maintain a constant body weight when I get to goal weight around 165-175lbs.
    4. Spend more quality time with my friends and not be such an introvert.
    5. Complete my first 10k, Vancouver Sun Run.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    1. Train/run in a 5K. In progress. 5K is March 23.
    2. Lose rest of my weight. 10lbs left.
    3. Lower body fat percentage. Have more muscle definition.
    4. Be a better player in softball/football.

What a year!

1. Met and then some. Ran a half marathon in November.
    2. Lost some of it. At 159lb. About 4lb left.
    3. I do look more defined, though I don't have an actual measurement.
    4. Done! Had a decent season at softball and had my best season in football. Even played as quarterback.

Happy New Year, everyone!
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    1. Get a routine into place and stick to it - 3 days of lifting, 2 days of running, 3 days of martial arts, 1 day of rest
    2. Get more varied workouts into place - rock climbing, lifting, playing basketball, hiking etc.
    3. Lower body fat - would like to get to a steady 17-18%
    4. Cook more at home
    5. Bench 145 lbs - essentially I want to bench gf...... :)
    6. Work hard and do all the martial arts things.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options

Congrats! That's quite the achievement! :drinker:

Here's what I wrote at the start of the year:
    Mostly, I want to stay on track; I lost about 30 lbs in 2012 and I feel like that's a good pace and I'm getting good results.

I ended up losing another 15 lbs and stayed on track - this is no small feat as every other time I've tried to lose weight I've fallen off the bandwagon within a year or so. I'm going on 2 years now!
    I want to keep eating well (and enjoying my new passion for cooking), and keep pushing myself physically to see what I can accomplish (I keep surprising myself!)

I started lifting weights in February and LOVE it. I've increased the loads on all my lifts by quite a bit this year - I'm now deadlifting my bodyweight for reps! :D I also am now able to do chinups for the first time ever, and took a few minutes of my 5k run time :)
    But, if I was really honest, my deep, dark confession is that what I REALLY want to achieve in 2013 is something like this: 294ny35.jpg

:blushing:

I have no idea if that's at all feasible, but boy would that ever help with my body image issues. I keep hoping that under my soft bits there is a straight-up-and-down, muscled, boy body somewhere.

Well, you can't fight bone structure unfortunately, but I did manage this:

29c0tc1.jpg

And this:

e5l6q9.png

So I'm definitely on my way. :bigsmile: I've been bulking since August to put on some more muscle and will soon be cutting again to see how things are looking, then will probably start bulking again at the end of the summer :) Here's to 2014!

OMG! I loved getting to see the year jump in this thread. CMEIRUN is my hero!

You look incredible, and have been so dedicated. Looking forward to monitoring your ongoing beast-progress.