Finding it hard day 4

Options
Tarshs
Tarshs Posts: 16 Member
Just started eating paleo. Day one, two and three were fine. today I cannot stop wanting to eat! any tips/motivational thoughts? I am sure if I can just stick it out today I will be fine.

Replies

• justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    this was usually the hard day for me (I have started over a few times).I always got super tired,cranky,headache and feeling generally *kitten*
    This will pass and you will feel SO much better in the days and weeks to come!
    You can do it!
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. When full drink more water.... Then gobto bed and get lots of sleep. You will feel great in the morning. Good luck!
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Up the amount of fat you're eating. If you're having eggs and bacon for breakfast, add a 1/2 avocado. If you're eating a salad, add another 1/2 or bake some prosciutto in the oven and crumble it on top.

Key is to become fat adapted. To do that, you need a lot more fat and low carbs. Your body is just looking for carbs because it's used to using that as the fuel. It'll adapt, but it can take a full week.

Also, make some homemade bone broth and sip it when you're feeling hungry. The minerals, trace fat, and gelatin will help you through and is very healing.
  • JohnNull
    JohnNull Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Eat when you're hungry.

A heads-up: Some people have a rough transition of up to three weeks. That's very rare, but just stick with it. Your body is going through a lot to try to return to normal.

Edit: What Dmkolls said. Stick to fats.
  • Tarshs
    Tarshs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody! all this is great advice and its great to know the support is out there. Will stock up on avocados and drink more water! Dmkolls I like the idea of some prosciutto in the oven then crumbled!!!!