Any suggestions?!

Options
fitmom130
fitmom130 Posts: 4 Member
Hey Everyone!! Last night I fell off the wagon & drank a Mt.Dew (eek!) and had a late night snack fest :( So discouraging since I've done soo well all week and have not had any soda since Sunday! I knew that this would be a tough battle but it's hard not to loose faith after that. I have a question.. after should I work out longer at the gym today to try to burn some of the extra calories that I had last night?

Replies

• nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    Only reason I can think of not to is psychological. It would be a shame if you associated exercise with punishment for eating over target. If you can enjoy the extra exercise then there is absolutely no probs doing more than normal.

Assuming you are basically healthy.
  • IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My Personal Philosophy........ Yes you slipped.........but 1 slip isn't a disaster.... It didn't take 1 slip to put you where you are so forgive yourself.... and get back on the wagon right where you fell off. Those extra calories for one day will be water weight anyway... just IMO ... Kim off soap box :smile:
  • doxeposse
    doxeposse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Research indicates that an occasional slip will actually HELP your weight loss goals. So give yourself a break and move on :O)
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    "It's perfectly okay to have treats once in a while, but make it a CHOICE, not a CHEAT." - Take from Dr.Shapiro's Picture Perfect Weight-loss

That is what I am following as after speaking with my doctor, nutritionist, gym trainer and healthy eating coach, they all say it is good to have a treat every now and again. Reason being: If you treat yourself to something you enjoy, use moderation. It will help to prevent you from binging. Remember, this is a life style change, not a diet. Are you going to go your entire life without having pizza, pop, ice cream or those yummy things? Most likely not. So just make it a choice and consider it a treat and once you've done that, you won't feel guilty for eating/drinking it and you will be much happier too, and not to mention your lifestyle change will happen easier when you meet it with less resistance. :drinker:

As for the working out part? I ate two cupcakes, two cups of ice cream and three medium slices of pizza & home made salad on my birthday (on Jan 9th wednesday) and i still managed to lose 3 lbs that week. Why? I just followed my regular work out routine instead of getting all upset and discouraged about it....if I do get down and out for falling off the bandwagon, it makes me stay down and makes me WANT to keep eating junk and not go to the gym or for a walk or doing ZUMBA in my living room.

It's just "Mind over matter" really.

You should watch the movie "THE SECRET". That is what's helped me change my frame of mind. It's awesome!! Here is the first 20 minutes on youtube - you can find the full version on Netflix or I'm sure the library has it too. :heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdtqLNeK6Ww

Love Shelley

PS - I first thought it was a big joke and a fictional movie, but it's real people, people well known in the world over the years. I can't describe it. Just have to watch and see. :bigsmile:
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Find horse, and just get back into the saddle. As simple as that, you can't change the past, but you can make a choice right now :)