Beans..

Options
Tuesday night I made a bean thing and than had leftovers yesterday for lunch and went up .5 lbs. I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself but I was watching to see how foods affect me. So no more beans for me.

Replies

• michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    Options
    The same thing happened to me today. I had a 1/2 cup of beans with my chicken and today I was up a half a pound. I know it won't stay that way but I tend to stay bloated the next day. We are supposed to drink extra water on days like this and then you will be fine the following day.
  • nofauxfooD
    Options
    I am new - Day 1 - and just finished my 2nd meal of the day.

I'm assuming that "beans" are like pinto beans? Not green beans?

Does anyone know for sure?
  • michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    Options
    He means Legumes which are beans, lentils and so on... I use black beans a lot. You add mexican spices and it tastes great with a side of chicken or thrown into a salad. Last night when we were finally allowed some rice, it tasted great mixed together with the chicken.
  • roadtripper23
    Options
    I do my weekly weigh-in Saturday morning so I'll see what happens. The week one eating plan wasn't really that different from what I have been doing for the past year. After watching Dr. Oz the other day I thought I might watch my bodies reactions to other foods. (It wasn't the Shred show). I will remember to increase the water on my bean days. I don't plan on giving them up, I'll just remember not to eat them the day before a weigh-in day.