STRESS!

Options
Dmkolls
Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
I must say that I'm grateful for the Whole 30 in times of stress. My normal actions would be eat, nap, or possibly pour a cocktail or two after work, and order in pizza. Without these fall-backs to lean on in times of stress (like this time at work), I find that I actually have to FACE my stress head on and deal with it and not hide.

It's been hard, challenging, but worth it. Using food/alcohol as a crutch has been a cycle in my life. I'm glad I'm realizing it and ending the cycle.

How about you all? Has the Whole 30 thus far taught you anything about how you deal with stress and what new ways have you learned to handle outside of food?

Replies

• laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I concur! Normally a bowl of popcorn (organic, popped in coconut oil of course), doused in a stick of grassfed butter and a cup of coffee are my vices. While not terrible- allowing myself these things not only made my weight creep back up, but allowed me an excuse to sit on the couch instead of doing more productive things.
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    During my last Whole30 in September, my young cousin died quite tragically. It was hard to stay true with a few days of travel and the horrible emotions that came with it, but I was able to process in a way that I've never experienced before. I was also full of energy and able to help out my aunt and uncle in whatever ways they needed. It was still awful, but it was the best sort of awful it could be...if that makes any sense!