New to group and stronglifts

Options
Slamdunkpro
Slamdunkpro Posts: 88 Member
Hi all.

I'm doing day 3 of week one tomorrow and so far I'm please with the program. I'm 54 so we'll see how I do with recovery at 3 days / week.

Replies

• AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!

There a plenty of guys even older than you using this program, so recovery shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as you don't let your ego take over and push yourself too hard. Also make sure that you get as much rest as you need on your off days.
  • Huskychemist
    Huskychemist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just finished workout B of week one and I am loving the program. I'm not sure my body can handle three days per week, so I'm just going to do lift as often as I can, with a minimum of two days per week. I love getting to do the squats with each workout. It feels like such a great workout because of it.

Good luck with the program. I've only hung out here for about a week and I've already gotten ideas and support.
  • Slamdunkpro
    Slamdunkpro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just completed week one and so far so good. It is hard to not jump weight but all good things come to those who weight :). One thing I've done is add some supplemental light work (dumbbells and such) and cardio until the 5x5 weights get a little higher just to keep my caloric usage up.