Good bye coke zero!!! Any one feel better for it

Options
I have gone from drinking around 2-3 litres of coke to around 1-2 litres of zero a day. Now it's time to go coke and any fizzy drink free. Monday is it. Got to go.

Replies

• Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Ive just gone to coke zero this week to wean myself off coke altogether. I havent had withdrawals so to speak as yet
  • veggiemodel
    veggiemodel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking regular soda about 3 years ago, having it just once in a while in parties or family dinner, but I always had the zero/diet ones. This year, as a part of my biggest resolution which is becoming 80-90% raw foodist I'm quitting this habit. Diet soda has lots of crap in it, just because it doesn't have sugar doesn't mean it's any better (but we all know this). I think I drank just 3 or 4 cans this year, but since last week I decided to completely quit the habit, drinking only water, tea and juice. It's been easy since I don't have the addiction to it, I don't feel any difference right now, but sure my body will thank me in the long run.
  • melwa
    melwa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have gone from drinking around 2-3 litres of coke to around 1-2 litres of zero a day. Now it's time to go coke and any fizzy drink free. Monday is it. Got to go.
    It's easier than you think, and it's more in the head than anything. I kicked the habit 3 months ago after drinking 2-3ltrs a day for years. Pretty much went cold turkey and now drink water or herbal tea. I'll ocasionally have a drink if I'm out n about but really don't miss it. Just think of all the toxic chemicals/sugar you were putting in your system and how you want a healthier body. Would you put coke in your car instead of gas? Not if you want your car to run efficiently and well! . I feel much better without it in my system; my GORD is rarely an issue, and I don't the the cravings for sweet food like I used to.

Good luck (and why wait til Monday :wink: ).
  • starfish475
    Options
    I understand all the angst about Diet Coke..at one time I would drink three DC per day and gradually weened myself off..now I occasionally have the urge its usually when I'm under a lot of stress...I'll allow myself one just to satisfy my urge..then go on..I think if you completely deprive yourself of a treat you're setting yourself up for failure...Then simply get back on track...
  • stormtruck2
    stormtruck2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have given up Coke Zero several time.:laugh: I find that if I tell myself "Just one won't hurt me", pretty soon I'm back to 4-6 20 oz bottles a day. After a few days I find myself getting stiffer in the muscles. I talked to my doctor about it and he told me tht CO2 can and will build up in your body, causeing various and differing problems to people. It is called Hypercapnia. It happens to divers frequently. It can be life threatening, but has to be extremely high to be so. Probably not even possible from drinking carbonated beverages. Now I know how it effects me, but it may not effect you at all. I feel so much better and limber not drinking Coke Zero. When I stop drinking it I also loose all the bloat I get from it.
  • iheartpolkadots
    Options
    i have given up diet coke for 20 days now, i took a sip of one yesterday and gagged, it tasted horrible, sooooo artificial. Now i know its no longer a temptation. It seems clean eating has really changed my tastebuds and fast!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I have been free for about 3 1/2 months and loving it!
  • ReillyCraig
    Options
    Awesome! I used to guzzle multiple cans daily then went cold turkey and stuck with water for the first time ( I used to hate the "taste" of water) , and now I can't Stand going back for a soda. Now it's water everywhere anytime and t he effects of it are outstanding
  • ReillyCraig
    Options
    It's amazing how we don't realize the garbage we are putting in ourselves until we force ourselves to stop. It's not right so many addictive non natural drinks can be sold to a mass populous that isn't aware what their doing.
  • naturalme2013
    Options
    Congrats, I am twenty five days clean. soda free!:smile:
  • doxeposse
    doxeposse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been diet soda free for almost five years now. But it greatly helps that I developed a severe allergy to artificial sweeteners...pain lots of pain. Occasionally, I will induldge in a regular Coca-Cola for a very special event. Usually I drink water, herbal tea, or water with half a packet of Crystal Light PURE (sweetened with Stevia).