Day 5 - HIIT 2: Shock Plyo

Options
telcochik
telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
Can't say I love this workout. I had a harder time keeping up through all the plyo work. I forgot the cardinal rule of working out....go at your own pace regardless of what's happening on the screen. I spent more time watching the crew while getting frustrated that I wasn't on pace with what they were doing. :angry: Next time, I'm going to do my thing and the heck with speed. That's how I got through Insanity initially so I know it works.

This is not a race people. Don't forget to keep doing what you need to do to get through these first couple of workouts. By week 3 we should all start seeing marked improvement in intensity and endurance. That' when the results will really start to happen.

Replies

• mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice...I have this workout later so will let you know how I got on. :smile:
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Another suggestion as people do these workouts for the first time, is to watch it in its entirety 'first' b/c they don't do a very good job of explaining what they're doing on the ground. Don't wanna pull a muscle trying to crane to see the TV to make sure you're doing things right.

Once you get a feel for what is coming, then it's much easier.
  • drlaurafsu
    drlaurafsu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When the alarm clock went off this morning I had a mental debate with myself on morning vs evening workout. We have dinner plans with friends so ultimately I drug myself out of bed and got after it. It was a decent workout. I did manage to go at my own pace but got it done. I preveiwed it last night and had a hard time staying awake...literally falling asleep during some segments. :-)

But I'll keep plodding along. Scale is moving in the right direction so that's good.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Another suggestion as people do these workouts for the first time, is to watch it in its entirety 'first' b/c they don't do a very good job of explaining what they're doing on the ground. Don't wanna pull a muscle trying to crane to see the TV to make sure you're doing things right.

Once you get a feel for what is coming, then it's much easier.

Excellent advice! Thank you! :bigsmile:
  • telcochik
    Options
    When the alarm clock went off this morning I had a mental debate with myself on morning vs evening workout. We have dinner plans with friends so ultimately I drug myself out of bed and got after it. It was a decent workout. I did manage to go at my own pace but got it done. I preveiwed it last night and had a hard time staying awake...literally falling asleep during some segments. :-)

But I'll keep plodding along. Scale is moving in the right direction so that's good.

WTG Laura. Proud of you for getting out of bed to get it done!
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    When the alarm clock went off this morning I had a mental debate with myself on morning vs evening workout.

^^ this! But I knew if I didn't do it this morning it wasn't getting done, especially since my daughter has a follow up ENT appointment and then dinner needs to be made, etc.

Not my favorite workout and I got frustrated with not being able to keep up and not knowing what to do. BUT, I jumped back in there and finished strong. My son was reading the prompts on the screen and he would tell me to keep moving during active recovery. It was really cute... then he and my daughter, and of course my small dog, were getting into the workout as well, in a not so big enough space so that made it a bit more challenging as well... time to figure out how to rearrange my living room or keep them locked up in their rooms if that keeps up. LOL!
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Today is my rest day, but I will be doing Shock Plyo tomorrow. Thanks for the advice on previewing this one first. I think I will take my laptop to my youngest dd's dance class, and watch that one and Combat 60 live. :bigsmile:
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed Shock Plyo. But I love plyo. Unfortunately, because of my injury in my RT leg, I relied too much on my left for the jumping and am now in a forced rest mode with pain and lack of mobility in my Left hip area. Trying to rest through the weekend since I'm traveling for a funeral this weekend and will be busy with family.
  • beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Did not like. :( I know it will get easier, but yuck. My confusion is hindering my burn, so I'm going to something this afternoon. Either hit the gym or CLX.

Happy Friday, everyone!