Intorduce Yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• tlbl
    tlbl Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tina. My first time joining a group also. I am a 39yo mother of four, ages 15 to 6. I stay busy with my family (friends and activities), a job, and martial arts. I am just now focusing on me. I had actually bought the 30DS last week. I did only the first circuit and just watched the rest. It would be great to have a group to keep each other motivated on here. Thank you! Not sure if I will be starting mine tomorrow, Sunday, or Monday. I prefer to do it while nobody is home (embarassed) so I will have to either gain the courage or start Monday...
  • mema_king
    mema_king Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Emma from the UK just this second finished day 1 of week 1 and wow that was tough but I plan to stick with it and just get through it all.

How are people recording this in their exercise log?

Good luck everyone and just give her everything you got!
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Andrea. I'm 41 and since having kids and moving to the UK six years ago, my amount of exercise really took a nosedive, so this is my push to start doing it again. I've had the 30 Day Shred DVD for nearly 18 months but have never done more than Level 1 and that probably less than 5 times! But now I'm motivated and hope that by joining this group, I'll stay that way!

Emma, I did a search and someone suggested listing the Shred as 20 minutes circuit training, so that's how I'm logging it.
  • bee2678
    bee2678 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!! This is my first time joining a group like this. I have really enjoyed MFP! It seems to keep me on track as much as possible. My name is Beth and I am 5'5 and 160Ibs. My goal weight is 135Ibs. This will be my 3rd or 4th time using 30 Day Shred. The first time that I tried it I stuck to it for 6 months back in 2009 and saw the best results I have ever seen for a 25 minute workout. I do not do well with workouts that are 45 minutes and longer. I just don't have the time nor the patience! I just started day one yesterday and this time I am really going to try and stick with it. I am hoping to retrain my brain and eating habits. Good luck everyone!!!!
  • mema_king
    mema_king Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks Andrea, that is more calories burned than the one I have been using!
  • Dragonha
    Options
    I'm Heidi and I'm 47. I used the 30DS videos last year and need to get back at it. I'd like to lose another 26 pounds or at least get firm and loose the spare tire!!
    Does anyone have an idea of how many calories are burned by doing a level? I think I read somewhere else it was around 150??
  • monarchangel86
    monarchangel86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My name is Jennifer and I'm a 26 yo mother of a 2 yo girl. I am going to be doing level 1 day 3 tonight and I'm super excited. My first day was hard but yesterday was a little less painful (although I found it a little harder to keep up. I was incredibly sore and got winded very quickly). No matter what I plan on sticking with this. Good luck to every one!
  • Saliang
    Saliang Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Angela, I am 37 years old and a mum to a twelve year old. It is the first time I have ever tracked my calories and the first time to do 30 day shred. Heard about it through this forum. I am currently 142lbs and wish to achieve my target weight of 132 lbs and tone up at the same time. I said I would do so after having my baby girl but never got round to it - so 12 years later and I am starting now!!
    I have been amazed at some of the calories that foods have - I thought I was eating far less calories than I was....so it has been an educational process for me as well!