Just started this week

Options
lorajs
lorajs Posts: 15 Member
I have just started this diet this week, while tracking what I eat on this site and also wearing a BodyMedia Fit. I am down 2 lbs so far. I do admit I am only on the third chapter of the book, so I have not fully learned about the Powerfoods yet, but getting there.

Anyone else out there doing this? Would love to find others to challenge each other.

Replies

• tejaae
    tejaae Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday as well. Not sure if there is a weightloss. But I feel fine, and have energy. Also, on Chapter 3, but I had skipped ahead and read the powerfoods when we first got the book (my bf and I are doing it together). Wanted to make sure I knew what my 8 foods needed to be.

And it is pretty easy getting in those 8.
  • williamsge
    williamsge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just got the book so I haven't had a chance to start reading it yet but I started doing IF with a 6 or 8 hour feeding window this week. I plan on doing style of eating regardless of the diet plan I am following because it works better for me with the amount of calories I'm eating (1240). I hope to start on the book this weekend so I'm glad this group was formed.
  • lorajs
    Options
    We can all figure this out together. So far I have been handling the 8 hour restriction pretty well.
  • Curvegirless60
    Options
    Hi
    I am a newbie and starting 8 hour diet tomorrow. Really excited about starting. The more I read about fasting and all the benefits it's great.. I do believe this is how our bodies are meant to be. I find when I don't eat in the morning,my head is clearer, i have more energy and not hungry at all. But, as soon as I put food ( expecially sweets) I can't stop eating. I going to follow the noon to eight idea about 5 x per week and see how it goes. My goal is to be down 20 lbs by the end of March for my 50th birthday. I want to look better at 50 then I did in my 40 's. All the best to you all

CGL60
  • lorajs
    Options
    Sounds great CGL60. you seem to be doing great so far. :)
  • Curvegirless60
    Options
    1st day and it seem too easy. Didn't get hungry until noon and seemed to be full all day. 8 hour diet makes so much sense: Doing it all again tomorrow.:wink:
  • lorajs
    Options
    I have done it faithfully every day and I have also had more energy than I usually do. I could do this the rest of my life minus vacations. :)
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Just started this week myself! I think it's great to think in a totally different way since other low calorie, restricting certain foods have not worked. I find this very easy to follow & am not hungry at all! Will love to hear how you all did this week! Please feel free to friend me!
  • lorajs
    Options
    I only lost 1lb this week, but one is better than nothing and I didn't make it to the gym and I ate out a bunch. So, not bad at all.
  • Curvegirless60
    Options
    I am down 2 lbs, but I know I am eating way to much in my 8 hours. I have to really start logging in my food. One thing I have notice I stop eating at 6:30 pm and really not hungry until next day at around 10:30 am. In the book it say you can follow a diet in those 8 hours. I think I will follow that.

Have a great week :wink:

CGL60
  • lorajs
    Options
    I have been losing around 1lb a week. I don't think this diet is a quick fix lose weight fast diet but really a lifestyle change. I can definitely stick with this. It may take longer to get to my goal weight, but I will be able to stay on the wagon longer.

I just need to get to the gym and I think that will help maybe add in an extra pound lost a week.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am reading this book now. I am willing to try it. It is now 8:30am and I am starving. :laugh: I am a regular breakfast eater as soon as I get up. Trying to hold until 10am so my 8 hrs are from 10-6pm. I usually eat most of the superfoods daily so that shouldnt be a problem. I eat pretty clean most times so I am not planning on overdoing the calories or eating unhealthy at all. Any tips that have worked for you? Also, do the intervals have to be the same daily? From what I've read the fasting should be for 16 hrs so if the 8 hr window changes then one wouldnt be fasting for 16 hrs. Am I just confused? Thanks!
  • Bssh
    Bssh Posts: 123
    Options
    Hi. This board is very quiet. You may get more responses in the Intermittent Fasting board/group. Lots of people doing 16:8 (aka 8 hour window) there :-)
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check it out!
  • Reinventing_Joi
    Options
    I have just started this diet this week, while tracking what I eat on this site and also wearing a BodyMedia Fit. I am down 2 lbs so far. I do admit I am only on the third chapter of the book, so I have not fully learned about the Powerfoods yet, but getting there.

Anyone else out there doing this? Would love to find others to challenge each other.

Same here! I wasn't patient enough to buy and read the book. I just googled the powerfoods online! I eat all of the powerfoods all the time anyway. 2lbs in 2 days!!! So relieved that something is finally working (on Mirena and it's tough to lose weight.)
  • Esme35
    Esme35 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi there, I am thinking of getting my DH to try this diet with me. He really needs to shift some lbs, he's the heaviest he's ever been and I need to shift some too! He doesn't like the idea of a really restrictive diet, so thought this might suit him as he has never been that big or having breakfast first thing anyway.
    I' going to have a read through all your posts to see if I can inspire him :-)
  • rachelb2003
    rachelb2003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi I started this 8 hour diet sunday on wednsday thought I weigh early see how im doing and im down 4lb hooray
  • Esme35
    Esme35 Posts: 11
    Options
    I started this diet yesterday. Feeling OK at the moment - no major hunger pangs during the morning, which has surprised me as I usually struggle to go without food in the morning.

Not going to weigh in every day though, once a week hopefully will be more inspiring.

I have been drinking tea though, not sure how this will impact on this regime?
  • markyrocks
    markyrocks Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Anyone still here? I have started 2 days ago, its very easy to stay under your calorie goal on this diet. I feel like my stomach is shrinking, and I can learn about my eating habits along the way. I like the idea of not cutting anything out (ie low carb, low fat, no fat, no dairy, no fun)

We'll see how it goes. By nature, I am not one to stick to a diet for longer than a week, hopefully this is my turning point :)