Blood Sugar question

Options
bamagrrrl
bamagrrrl Posts: 18 Member
I am a diabetic that has blood sugar that swings pretty quick somtimes (brittle I think is what its called) Since eating better and exercising I have noticed my blood sugar dropping significantly. I have lived with BS over 200 for a long time and now its consistantly under 200 I get really shakey and nervous when it goes lower than 100 has anyone else expierienced this? Also I think I may need to lower some of or eliminate some of my meds. Any thoughts? I welcome input! :)

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    sounds like since you lived with high numbers for so long. your body isn't use to the lower numbers. give your body a chance to catch up. if it continues see your doctor. keep good records for your doctor.
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    As your body adjusts to lower and lower blood glucose level, the numbers at which you feel that way will also lower. What I used to feel like at 200, I don't begin feeling until I'm in the lower 70's. It takes time for your body to get used to your new normal.
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    When I was first diagnosed I was just like that and it scared me, I'd get to 100 and get sweaty and shaky and what my husband referred to as "pms-y" (I get hulk mean when my sugar drops lol) god forbid if it got down to 90 or 80..I was pretty much catatonic.

It took a good 6 months for my body to adjust to where 90-100 wasn't a "crash" for me. 4 years later, I still show affects a little higher than a lot of people (75 is usually where I start to get mean)

It WILL get better, but one thing I always tell people is that not one of us T2's is the same, and you need to get to know your body in a way you never have. There is no such thing as a "typical T2 diabetic" Part of my problem early on was that the doctor had me on both metformin AND glipizide.....I was fainting every time I got on the treadmill...once they eliminated the glip I was much better.

Good communication with your doctor is KEY, they will not know your body like they do, they are going by "formulas" to try to help you manage your disease, but they can only do so much and its imperative that you give them all the information you can about what is going on with your body.
  • bobbiesinger6971
    Options
    I am going through the same thing right now. I agree that your body will adjust and communication is key with your doctor.