My biggest challenge today has been.......

Options
....... getting enough sleep! :yawn:

Replies

• Iamslimandfit
    Iamslimandfit Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    sitting down to eat meals and snacks. This sounds so basic, but it is a challenge for me. I had really gotten into a bad habit of standing at my kitchen counter to eat.
  • aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Accepting that I can't do any exercise today - sick. (On top of yesterday headache, day before heartburn) Been a bad exercise week.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    aubsgg: I am sorry to hear that you are sick! :frown: I felt lousy yesterday, but ~ thankfully ~ felt much better already today. It is so hard to get the body to MOVE when you aren't feeling 100%. I hope you feel better soon!!! Just remember that TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY!!! :smile:
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    ......... being worn out from my daughter's sled hockey tournament all weekend. On the go the past two days, and just wanted to eat to keep myself awake and alert. Didn't indulge too often, though.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    ....... resisting the urge to overeat. I have done well so far, though! I am working on tolerating hunger and cravings.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    ....... staying under my calorie allotment for the day. I have been waking up extremely early with our new puppy, so I had a very early breakfast and a later breakfast, in addition to my other snacks and meals. Upped my calorie intake a bit too far. But, since I've been tracking my food, I have been doing so much better calorie-wise.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    ......... feeling sluggish. We have a new puppy, and she is getting me up in the middle of the night and/or very early in the morning. When I am tired, it makes it harder to resist hunger and cravings. I feel like I need food to give me energy when I am dragging.
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ....knee pain. I want to be someone who exercises before work. But giving up on the 30DS is a real difficult thing for me to do. I feel like a quitter, even if the truth is that my knees can't take the workout.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Awww, bethFromDayton, you are NOT a quitter!!! If the workout hurts your knees, it's not the right one for you. Keep on searching until you find a workout that is doable and challenging FOR YOU!!! You will get there!!! :wink:
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    ..... that I have a cold. Feeling very sluggish and just "feel like eating" more than usual. I am doing pretty well at just tolerating the cravings without eating too much, but it has been more of a challenge while I feel sick. Exercising also does not sound appealing right now, but I will get on that TreadClimber for at least a little while today!!!
  • aubsgg
    Options
    ....knee pain. I want to be someone who exercises before work. But giving up on the 30DS is a real difficult thing for me to do. I feel like a quitter, even if the truth is that my knees can't take the workout.

you aren't a quitter by protecting your knees. 30DS killed my knees. I could do it if I didn't do it everyday. I also modified some of the moves including jumping jacks (no jumping). I also found the more often I worked out the stronger I became and could modify less often.
  • aubsgg
    Options
    ..... that I have a cold. Feeling very sluggish and just "feel like eating" more than usual. I am doing pretty well at just tolerating the cravings without eating too much, but it has been more of a challenge while I feel sick. Exercising also does not sound appealing right now, but I will get on that TreadClimber for at least a little while today!!!

Great attitude to want to exercise while sick, don't overdo!
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    ....... that I ate enough calories at lunch for my entire day!!! :noway: YIKES!!!!! I need to re-focus my efforts at dinner, if I eat dinner at all, and exercise tonight!!! Thank God that tomorrow is a new day!
  • bethFromDayton
    Options
    ....hearing my doctor tell me that both my inner minsicus are hurt--he didn't say 'tear' but he did mention 'surgery' as an option--I am SO not there. No more jumping jacks--ever. (that part was easy to hear)

He did say I could keep walking. He's not keen on the mini-trampoline I ordered, but I think it'll be a lot less strain on my ankles and knees.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    bethFromDayton: OUCH on those hurt inner miniscus! I sure hope you won't need surgery!
  • bethFromDayton
    Options
    I have not lost any mobility and I am not limping, so I don't think surgery is called for at this point. I'm having toe surgery in April--I don't want to mess up my knees on top of that!
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    ......eating dinner at a delicious Italian restaurant. All of my weight loss know-how flew out the window during dinner. :frown:
  • bethFromDayton
    Options
    ......eating dinner at a delicious Italian restaurant. All of my weight loss know-how flew out the window during dinner. :frown:

We have an Italian restaurant scheduled for Thursday--it's a group outing. Their menu isn't on-line, so I'm going in sort of blind. I'm sure I can order chicken or veal with sauce on the side and a side salad--that's my going-in thought, anyway.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Beth, good for you to think/plan ahead. I went in hungry and ate what I wanted..... and felt a bunch of remorse afterward. Hope you will do much better than I did. I know you can do it!
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    My biggest challenge today has been making healthy food choices. I started out the day with some lousy choices, but ended up with a good dinner and challenging workout tonight!