when do mommies make time for exercise?

Options
I work full time and have a 2 year old son. I started a gym membership in June 2012 and am proud to say I still have it. I try to go 4 nights a week. I wait until my son goes to bed, because I only get about 3 hours after work for family time. Some nights I'm so tired that going to the gym is the last thing I want to do. I'm not a morning person, so going before work is not very realistic for me. Weekends are also a challenge because my gym closes earlier (its a small, non-chain gym). When do other moms find time to work out???

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym during my lunch hour on days that I don't have my martial arts class. On martial arts days, I go to Taekwondo in the evenings with my girls, or if they have homework, I go alone. This works for me, but it's taking years of tweaking to make it work for me. Once your son gets older, if you put him into something like that, you can do it together.
  • Ailorn
    Ailorn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My work just got an elliptical so I hop on it when i have a cancellation. Currently my schedule is light so i have time. I totally understand wanting to be with your kids at night. Its very hard to go after she's in bed too. Man my late nights are rough cause i miss the evening times.