Introduce yourself! :)

Options
My name is Linda, I'm 31, married with a little girl that's 2, so she keeps me busy. My fitness plan is to try and eat cleaner and move my butt more! :) Looking to lose 10-15lbs!!

Replies

• ambershaerager
    Options
    My name is Amber, I am 21 and married. We have a little girl who is currently 1 and a half. My goal is to get healthy and fit so that I can live a long time with her, and so that we can run and play without me having issues. My current goal is to drop 100 by new years 2014. My goal after that is an additional 40-50. I weigh 278 and the final goal is around 125-135. I am 5'2" short. I am currently trying to eat super healthy. Mostly fruits, veggies, yogurt, chicken, WATER. I plan to start my zumba back up, and to try doing Jillian michaels 6 week six-pack abs.
  • lizzyd629
    Options
    Hey :flowerforyou: My name is Liz. I'm a young 44, a single mom for life lol (4 adult children, youngest 18 and have 3 still @ home which is ok). I'm also a grandma to the cutest 16mo old little boy in the world! He is my life,He is my motivation! I have custody of him so I am one busy bee! I quit smoking the day he came home from the hospital and haven't even contemplated picking up another cigarette, so I KNOW I can drop this weight and become healthy!
    I just started my Healthy journey on New Years, I know its cliche' to make new years resolutions, but mine is a real one, I wanted to start after the holidays, and made up my mind to do just that! Now is the time...I tackled the biggest health threat first which is smoking, NOW I'm dropping the weight...my goal isn't necessarily a weight goal so much and a healthy lifestyle and size goal. I plan to get into a size 16, I am in a 24 now. I also want to be under 200lbs. I will be, it's just going to take time, and a lifestyle change which I am totally embracing!! ( I also wouldn't mind being the hot mom/grandma that goes to rock concerts with her kids LOL)

Good luck to everyone, and if you ever need any motivation or just an ear, I'm a great cheerleader and always will listen!
    talk to you all soon........Liz
  • tkafenzakis
    tkafenzakis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Tina. I am 35 years old, and mother to a 3 year old little boy, and step-mom to an 18 year old girl and 16 year old boy. I never worried about my weight, and it was never an issue until after the birth of my son (like many others, I'm sure). I'm about 8 lbs heavier than I'd like to be, and looking to loose it all by my birthday in April!

My husband is a personal trainer, and we have a fabulous gym in our house, but I find it difficult working out with him, and I don't have the motivation to use the gym on my own. I am very lucky that he runs a Fitness Kickboxing Bootcamp for women. Last week, 26 women started working out together, and it's going very well! I've been doing this with him for a year, but now I'm REALLY working harder than ever! I have also signed up for a 5K run in May with my step-daughter.

My biggest challenge is snacking! I think my meals are rather healthy, but I eat so much junk in between, so that's where I really have to step up.

Looking forward to sharing challenges and accomplishments with all of you!
  • mrshill2007
    mrshill2007 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a 32 yr old mother of three...ages being 4,3,2... they are a handful...my curent weight is 271 and I am 5'6... My first goal is to get to 200 lbs... I hope I can lose the weight by my 33rd birthday which is in September... I am interested in having friends who will push me to do better... I am trying to it healthy and it has been really hard as my family doesnt eat healthy...lol... My little ones love vegetables and fruits but the fish and chicken breast would be a no for them but its ok.. I am learning.. I have to get an exercise system down for myself but besides that I am ready to be healthy...
  • Lindaloveschloe
    Options
    Snacks are my problem too Tina! I love boot camp workouts, tough but u get results!
  • lizzyd629
    Options
    Tina, I have always been a"snack person" too. Well I had to decide what was ok for me and what wasn't ( I think we all have to do that for ourselves because only WE know what we will stick to) well now for snacks, I have fruit, nuts, cheese, ONLY whole wheat crackers and a serving (counted LOL) not the whole box/bag. If I'm in a chip mood I will have pita chips, baked lays or pretzels but that is a "treat" only. I KNOW me, and I know that to stay motivated I have to be strict with myself! That doesnt mean Im only eating cardboard or tasteless, I eat things I like, just that I have eliminated the things I like, that are SO bad for me :smile: I'm not real sure how much weight I lost in my first week because i didnt have a scale until yesterday, BUT I know my pants are a little less snug then they were on the first of the year SO I will keep track from this point on knowing I have a good start :bigsmile: EXERCISE is my next hurdle to tackle... I chase a 1 1/2 yo in the beginning of my day and then I'm usually on my feet at my job for 8 hrs and I'm usually ready to sit and pretty tired after so I need to find a motivtor for exercise...any suggestions would help
  • coachronswifey
    Options
    My names is Jesscia,Im a mom of four great kids and a wife to a wonderful man .. Im hoping to loose another 50lbs. im looking to encourage as well as get some encouragement on the tough days!
  • reesekayyy
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sharese a 20 year old single mom to a gorgeous 9 month old boy. I'm looking to lose around 25 more pounds. I'm 5'4" and about 155 right now. I'm using keto right now and plan on changing my whole eating style to paleo once I have reached my goal weight/look. I'm in the army so I normally do PT five times a week. At home I'm starting the 30 Day Shred, and I try to do as many squats and lunges as possible before bed.
  • Hossie79
    Hossie79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies...
    I am Jill, I am newly living in Terrace BC, and we have a 18 month daughter. I am also a massage therapist and will be working a few hours a week but mostly I am a stay at home mom. So if any of you are from around here I am always up for playdates or get togethers!!! Anyway I am also "A SNACKER" god help us all. I managed to lose about 20 pounds after having my daughter bt have been slowly putting it back on...gah I would love to lose 30-40 pounds (though 50 would be awesome) I am lucky that I am tall and seem to carry my weight everywhere but the scale makes me sick to my stomach...time to do a little something for myself and that is take care of me!
  • purserjennifer1
    Options
    Hello
    First of all I would like to say what a beautiful group of ladies! My name is Jennifer I am 31 and a mother of two boys who are my heart and soul. My oldest will be 12 this month on the 26th and my youngest turned 10 back in September, their growing up so fast. Well I am wanting to drop quite a bit of weight to be HWP but my doctor has told me that even for an over weight person I am actually healthy. (shocked me!) I DO NOT want to be skinny I am just wanting to become healthier. I have only lost 10lbs in 3 months without the help or real support from anyone and it was a let down to know I had been eating right and working out more and only lost 10lbs. A loss is a loss I know but I was hoping for a whole lot more!. My goal is to lose around 40-50 pounds by April my wonderful fiancé is taking my two boys and his mom and of course me to south padre for an entire week!!! It will be for a vacation but he planned it for the week I will turn 32. I am looking forward to making new friends and to get the help and support and to give help and support from others who like myself have one goal in mind losing weight for our selves and our families.
  • jamielypr
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

My name is Jamie. I'm 38 years old, married to a wonderful man for almost 18 year. I have 2 boys 15 & almost 12. We are trying to eat healthier in our house. I've been over weight for many years but it never really bothered me. I still had the image of myself in my mind of when I was thinner. Now I'm beginning to see how I really look and I'm not liking it so much. My family joined a local gym last month and are trying to work out at least 3 times a week. Unfortunately we have all gotten sick at one point or another in that month and haven't been able to make it as often as we'd like but I think we are back on track now. Although I'd like to loose a large chunk of weight eventually, I'm working on smaller goals right now (make it to the gym 3 times a week & 1 lbs per week). I have not weighed myself since I joined the gym, at which I was 250lbs.

Although my husband is very supportive, he, like a lot of men, is having better weight loss than I. I haven't gotten to the point of enjoying going to the gym but I keep going!!

Best of luck to everyone in the group! Keep up the hard work!
  • alexpultz93
    alexpultz93 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My name is Alexandra, I'm currently a stay at home mom and a full time student, so I've always got something to do. My son is 4 1/2 months old so I'm ready to lose the weight and get back to a size four. I've still got 15 pounds to get there but I'm excited to work on it. Especially sense I want to look good for my husband and be able to keep up with my son as he grows.
  • berdoochick
    berdoochick Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Emma and I'm about to turn 25 on the 18th...I need to lose another 10lbs. I started MFP in oct and have lost a total of 18lbs so far :-D. I'm 5'4 and 144lbs right now with most of that in my hips and thighs. I was working out 5days a week until about 3 weeks ago when i pinched something and have had such a headache and stiff back since. so im hoping it gets better now and i can start up again. I'm married and have 3 girls (4, and 2yr twins) so i am constantly moving and cleaning. lol. they just learned how to get into the fridge.

my absolute favorite snack is a toss between my 90cal cookies and my sisters very fattening (LOL) garlic dip and chips. I find it very hard to resist either one lol.
  • stormjourney
    Options
    Hey!

I am Sheila. I am a 32 year old mother of two. I work full time and find I am much too busy to take care of myself. But I am going to change that. I have a wonderful, supportive husband who helps me along the way and goes along with what I say. The only thing I hate is when he says he will lose weight with me, well, he just thinks it and the next day the pounds are gone :( I have to work hard to get results.

My body reacts quickly to foods like wheat, potatoes, rice and sugar and extra salt. If I have any of those, even a little, my weight plateau's. I am trying Paleo and it is going really well,

Other than that, my weight loss isn't really a number on the scale but rather how my clothes fit and how I feel. I hope to run a 5k in the next few months and maybe- maybe work my way up to a 10k.
  • knrhardin
    Options
    Hi all!

I am Kimberly mom of one 3yr old boy and army wife! I am 29 years old and planning on running a marathon before I am 30 in August looking loose about 6 more pounds and eat healthy!
  • smillan22
    smillan22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, my name is Sharon and I'm a 32 year old mother of 2 beautiful boys, ages 2 and 7 months. I am trying to lose about 20 pounds. I would love more friends, so if anyone is interested please friend me! I'm really excited to start the journey of reclaiming my body after being pregnant or nursing for the past 3 years.
  • tdawg_42
    Options
    My name is Tara and I'm a 37 year-old mom of 2. I am reaching the end of my weight loss journey and love the transformation I have embarked on. It's wonderful to meet you all!

19669829.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • gretaliana
    Options
    Hello! I am Greta a 37 year old mom to two girls aged 18 and 16. I am 5'2 and my starting weight was 186 - that was the highest weight in my life. My current weight is 177 and my goal weight is 130.

My love is running. I am signed up for my first 5k on June 1st but if all goes well I may try to do an earlier one this spring. My husband is doing this with me. He is a fabulous cook and I pick out the healthy recipes and he cooks them - I do the dishes. My husband weighs 170 right now and that is really difficult for me to reconcile. He is trying to lose 10 lbs and get in shape to run - he is doing the 5k with me.

I grew up very athletic and was into dance, gymnastics and cheerleading. I never weighed more than 110 until my early 20's when I was completing college and balancing raising two little girls while my husband traveled for his job.

I have a strong emotional connection to food. I eat for comfort and I eat when I am bored. And most of all I love sugar.

I am dedicating each step I run to my grandfather who passed away last June. He was a great athlete and encouraged me and even coached my softball team.

So yes, I am ready to do this. Finally.
  • loopylass1986
    loopylass1986 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hello im Tracey im 26 and have 3 children (5,2,1) love them to bits just dont like what they left behind im at my biggest and all i want is to fit in to trousers n clothes i have lol not big ask and to look half decent in pair shorts i live by beach great yarmouth uk and see lots of flesh on show :( i alway wear jeans as they comfy aand thats all year every year jeans jeans i would love to wear a skirt :) we can all do tthis
  • NikkieKC
    Options
    Hi, my name is Nicholle, I'm 20 and a student .
    My aim is to be able to fit into a size 12-14 by my 21st in May and so I will feel comfortable enough to wear a bikini or swimsuit when I go to the beach.