Home gym and punching bag

Options
Akdn
Akdn Posts: 121 Member
Hello all,
I've had this home gym for a few years now but have never really used it, if at all. You can do many different workouts on it but I never really knew what to do for a good workout. Does anybody have any ideas for me? Are there any apps that I can get that would help me decide a workout for a home gym? I'd also like to use the punching bag in the workout as well.

I'm not sure how to or if you can post pictures here but here is my gym:

33496113_8320.jpg

If that doesn't work you can see the picture on my profile.

Paul

Replies

• FootPatrol
    Options
    Good job setting that up. I claimed an offer for a month of boxing cardio classes at a gym by my house. I got taught the basics of throwing punches and moving, learning to love/hate the jump rope, and get some great workouts in. Normally $50 to $150 a month for regular training from a place like that, I found my deal at $25 for a month. I would recommend searching online for a 1 time monthly deal like that, to get a professional supervised workout plan, then take it home and do it yourself. Since my fiance is also looking to lose weight, we found a deal at a closer boxing/mma gym for $57 combined. we also dont have the room or equipment like you so that works for us. Good luck, I've found that boxing type training to be some of the most "bang for the buck" training you can do.
  • FootPatrol
    Options
    Also, Youtube. And, Barnes and Noble. Especially the ones that have a Starbucks in them. I have gone to book stores and sat down with some books and taken notes on my phone about routines, and watched videos from trainers online trying to establish themselves, or give some away for free to get you to buy the rest of their material.
  • dave0628
    dave0628 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    ..not familiar with the weight machine, but I sometimes do a heavy bag wokout. If you search youtube heavy bag workout videos, you will find hundreds of them. The one I use is:

30 secs light tapping punches, jogging in place getting your knees as high as you can (if you look a little silly you are doing it right)
    30 seconds rest
    30 seconds medium jabs moving around while throwing punches
    30 seconds rest
    30 second haymaker punches, near max effort
    30 seconds rest
    Rinse and repeat 5 or 6 times, go lay down.

My kids have some junior boxing gloves, and they alternate in while I am resting.
    Some tips:
    Use longer rest periods when starting out
    Use boxing gloves! And some sort of wrap under the gloves
    Have fun!
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas guys!!
    I'm going to have to try that one for sure Dave. When it comes to anything boxing I'm a total newbie and was completely lost when it came to using the heavy bag.
    YouTube here I come lol