Check In

Options
texasgal22
texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
Saturday night and I have spent most of this day on the computer doing various tasks that I seem to always manage to put off. I haven't even spent much time on MFP but only because of work as I am feeling well for the new year. Right now I think I am more concerned about the flu season coming upon us than any other health issue. In Dallas we have already had a 17 y.o. and a very young boy pass away due to the flu and complications. My doctor wouldn't even permit the dentist to give me an antibiotic for some dental work I had done in December so I dare not want to have a need for any antibiotics for any other reason.

With that said 2013 may just be a promising new year. I certainly hope so. The sad state of affairs with our country is enough to depress anyone so I am focusing on those things I can change and accepting the ones that I can't. But enough about me. I came here to see how you were doing...

Replies

• chefsusan
    chefsusan Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    So far, so good. I am walking almost everyday with leslie sansone, I am up to 4 miles a day, and I have a salad everyday with ice burg lettuce, croutons, and bacon bits, with raspberry hazelnut vinaigrette, and it is amazing how much that has helped with the problems of the colon. Between that, good multi vitamin, and all my medication, finally being in the normal range of my hemoglobin, I am feeling real well. FINALLY!

Got to keep up the walking though, that makes a big difference. I went to the mall with my daughter yesterday, and spent 2 hours walking around and shopping. We walked the whole mall. Before, I had to rush in because I knew that I would be tired within 30 minutes. I also noticed a difference when I worked my one day last week. My body was not as tired and sore, I am a substitute teacher and had to go up and down stairs and stand most of the day in class.
  • texasgal22
    Options
    chefsusan,
    that is good news! I do agree with you on the exercise and how it helps to make the whole body feel better. Surprisingly I can still enjoy salads but not so much broccoli, cauliflower or some of the other veggies we should be eating for our health.
  • texasgal22
    Options
    Oh the joy of UC - never knowing when it will act up or ravish our bodies. I know mine is active but not in its usual way. I have the weakness and a pain in the back which is something new to me. Being careful what I eat too! Praying for remission, if not healing please dear Lord send remission.