Another clean eating n00b!

Options
Hello there! I've always had an interest in clean eating, because it ties in perfectly with my beliefs about holistic health and well being. So, I figured what better place to ask these sorts of questions, than in the MFP clean eating group?!

I've been contemplating attempting a short water fast, to cleanse my system a bit before officially starting a clean diet. I've been gradually easing into eating clean, by making more natural selections every time I go grocery shopping, but sometimes my sweet tooth does tend to get the better of me. Anyways, i digress...

I've had a bit of personal experience with fasting, and thus far it's been very beneficial. I was wondering this:
1. Have any of you guys found that water fasting helps/worsens your clean eating lifestyle?
2. Have you guys had any personal experiences with water fasting, positive or negative?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, but i do ask that you remain respectful in your responses, regardless of your stance.

Replies

• newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't fast at all. I do drink a lot of water throughout the day however. I just feel like my body was made to be fed and if I feed it real food it will cleanse itself naturally of the toxins that might get in.