Supercharged?

Options
MyOwnSunshine
MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
Has anyone bought or tried the New Rules of Lifting Supercharged program yet?

It's on my amazon wish list and I'll probably order it soon. I have 4 more Stage 7 workouts left if I don't decide to repeat. I'm not sure if I want to do Stronglifts or Supercharged, or more likely a hybrid between the two combined with running.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I was planning to do the abs one after this, I hadn't heard of supercharged, is it new, what's different about it, anyone know?
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'll probably do Supercharged.
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I just started Supercharged right after Christmas. I really like it. It has 10 different workouts, but you pick your own exercises. He also gives you some sample workouts if you want to start with his. As you do the different exercises you are suppose to move on to the more challenging ones as you work through the book. So far so good. He doesn't get much into calories and diet as he has already done that in other books.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    Options
    I like the idea of creating my own workouts. I feel like I learned a lot from NROLFW. The thing that I have enjoyed most about it is that the workouts change a lot. I tend to get bored easily and like mixing things up. I'm definitely going to do Supercharged, but I think I will keep the big lifts (squats, deadlifts, ohps) and incorporate them into my workouts.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I started it this week and I like it. I feel like it's more dynamic than the other books. There are no set "rest" periods and you try to keep moving through the entire time. I like how it is more updated and things like crunches are now history (trust me, holding a plank while doing a row at the cable machine will work your core!). There are basic movements, and you pick which level you want in those movements. Lou suggests starting at level 1, even if you have lifted before. It actually feels good to switch from deadlifts and squats (which I love) to different movements. The programs are still challenging for those who completed NROL4W (even twice!).

I really think this book is more for those who have completed one of his other books in that, this book really doesn't cover much about nutrition or persuasion to lift fluff. It almost felt a bit wishy-washy in that area because Lou seemed to say anything goes as long as you eat protein and eat enough.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I've just finished reading it and it gives you all the info to put together your own workout. As said before there isn't anything really about working out your calories just a bit on protein but I'm going to have a go from next week putting together a workout from it.

I like that he keeps the main lifts; squats, DL's lunges etc in all the way through. Which is what I like :tongue:
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are doing this together..but he has his set..and I have mine. I like that there are choices...cause there are some moves my body cant do .
  • MyOwnSunshine
    Options
    I ordered my book yesterday. I'm excited to get going!

I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to make my own spreadsheets. I'm terrible at Excel.
  • natini
    Options
    I ordered my book yesterday. I'm excited to get going!

I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to make my own spreadsheets. I'm terrible at Excel.

I just photo copied the sheets in the book and I write down the page # of the exercise that I am going to do. When I was reading the book there was a link to the blank sheet, but I forgot to earmark that page and now I can't find it.
  • girlie100
    Options

http://www.werkit.com/programs/nrols

PDF sheets done for you for supercharged and other NROL books, just fill in the question from the book to prove you own a copy and they are free.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    Options

http://www.werkit.com/programs/nrols

PDF sheets done for you for supercharged and other NROL books, just fill in the question from the book to prove you own a copy and they are free.

Thanks! You're awesome!
  • natini
    Options
    Thanks!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    Options
    My book came today -- it looks fun, but kind of complicated. I worry a little that I will pick exercises that I "like" and will avoid the ones that feel awkward to me. I need to read the book in detail, for sure.

I do think I'm going to repeat at least 3 Stage 7 workouts, if not the whole stage. It's really hard, but I'm liking the results I'm getting when I combine it with running a few times a week.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I am glad you posted this! I'm going to buy the book now :)
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I bought it too. Reading through it now.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought it yet. I definitely need a plan to follow though. This morning I decided to try SL5x5, and it was OK, but I'm worried I'll get bored, and how can 5 moves possibly be enough to work everything when NROLFW had so many more?

So I might still end up reading NROL-Abs or Supercharged, but I haven't bought either of them yet.
  • girlie100
    Options
    I did 5x5 and if you are lifting your heaviest you can manage it definitely gives you a work out, with warm up sets the whole lot is about 45mins which is perfect heavy weight time, although I added a little single leg w/o on after as I play sports.

I did my first supercharged workout today and it kicked my butt!! lol, but I had had 5+ weeks off lifting.
  • allikat819
    allikat819 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm on stage 6, and moving on to NROL Abs. I'm a little initmidated... but excited. I'm looking forward to hearing about supercharged, because that was definitely on my list to consider as well!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    OOooOOo excited!! gonna get Supercharged =) I love the idea of putting together a routine as well.

I used the sheets from werkit.com when I did New Rules, they are so easy to use.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I just bought it, should be here by Friday.

I just finished NROLFA and LOVED it. I only finished stage 1 of NROLFW last year. A friend told me that I would be bored with NROLFW after doing NROLFA. I've heard supercharged is more along the lines of NROLFA with the options for the exercises compared to NROLFW. Not sure which one I will tackle, NROLFW or supercharged.