privacy on the web

Options
Sorry, I'm new this to this moderating thing - so here are the guidelines for the group. I feel like we should make this group "Private" and have people just friend me and I can add them to the group. See below and let me know what your thoughts are:

Groups can be set to either "Public" or "Private" by a Group administrator.

Groups set to "Private" are not viewable on the web except by MyFitnessPal users, logged into their accounts, who have joined that group based an invitation from a current Group member.

As a result, contents of Private Groups cannot be indexed by search engines, because that content is not accessible to their indexing "bots".

Groups set to "Public" can be viewed (and joined) by any MyFitnessPal user. Public Group content may also be found by performing general searches of the web using any popular search engine.

If you are uncertain whether a Group you belong to is public or private, please check with your Group's administrator.

Replies

• otherwordlyglow
    otherwordlyglow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't really care either way. If some future employer wants to know that I had yogurt at breakfast, it's fine with me! But if others are concerned, I'm happy to get my yogurt habits on the down-low.
  • Elaykins
    Options
    I'm fine either way as well.