Exercise

Options
SunnyAndrsn
SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
What's everyone doing for exercise this month? I decided to give the 30-day shred a go with a co-worker. Being sick, I haven't been able to start, but have Wed. as a goal date to start. My other goal is to hit 20K steps a day on my Fitbit.

Anyone else?

Replies

• mc100in365
    Options
    I've been taking 2-3 30 minute walks per day. When I can get through a walk without getting too winded and to the end of the day still able to move I bump up the speed on the treadmill .1 m.p.h. When I get down to 200 lbs. I'm going to begin Power 90.
  • typingathome
    typingathome Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk.. It is on You Tube and makes it super easy to pull it up and do it while dinner is in the oven. Trying to do it 7 days a week. Last week only got to it 6 times. Good luck everyone..
  • SunnyAndrsn
    Options
    Can I just say OUCH? I started the 30day shred last night and couldn't even do the level one correctly, Jillian would have kicked my *kitten*.

I'm so sore today.
  • coolgrannie
    Options
    I usually walk when the weather's not too bad; rebounder and Pilates chair inside. Y'all have inspired me: I'm going to try the 30 day shred. I'm viewing the video online for now; is the idea to do it every day for 30 days?
  • Esther20930
    Options
    Thre are three levels, and you do each level for 10 days....although, when I do it I get bored so I'll do the first level for a couple days, then go to the second for a couple days, then the third for a couple days, and then back to the first. So, it all events out to be about 10 days a piece.

It can be tough! My thighs get sore the most! I tell ya...ya never realize how much you use them until they are like jello--makes going to the bathroom interesting!! You have been warned cool grannie!! :)
  • coolgrannie
    Options
    LOL Gosh, you're giving lots to look forward to! :D Thanks for the info.
  • groceriesandgas
    Options
    what is a fitbit? I have been looking for something to track my steps but all the ones I have bought so far have been less than helpful.
  • mc100in365
    Options
    A fitbit is a fancy pedometer. I got the Fitbit Zip which tracks your steps, calories burned for the day, distance, and gives you a little face that changes depending on how you've done. (mine is sticking it's tongue out at me because I've been sitting on my butt all day)

It has a website similar to MyFitnessPal and through that it can synch your calories burned directly to MFP. :-) Their website tracks calories burned, steps, and distance through the day broken down into 5 minute increments, so you can see your most active times. I like the graphs there better than the reports here, but use MyFitnessPal for food tracking.
  • groceriesandgas
    Options
    I will have to look that up!
  • SunnyAndrsn
    Options
    I love my Fitbit! I asked for it for my birthday, because I felt too guilty spending that much money ($99) on a pedometer. I love it, wear it all the time, and it really has helped me become more active.
  • coolgrannie
    Options
    Oh. Em. Gee. Just finished my first go at Jillian's level 1. Yikes!! Kicked my *kitten*, my legs are noodles, I'm dripping. Whew!!

And question: How do you figure the calories burned for this workout? I want credit for this hard work!
  • coolgrannie
    Options
    Answering self: I found a site that calculates the calories for all the levels of this workout. Awesome! And after Day 2 I am referring to this as Jillian's House of Pain. :D
  • SunnyAndrsn
    Options
    Answering self: I found a site that calculates the calories for all the levels of this workout. Awesome! And after Day 2 I am referring to this as Jillian's House of Pain. :D

What's the site? I admit, I failed miserably and started over tonight. Keep bugging me about it, please?
  • kpmomof8
    Options
    I'm using my elliptical and doing pilates. I have the 30 day shred and should do that again... okay, admittedly, I only ever got to day 20 before giving up. Maybe I should make that my goal for February ~ to get through the dang thing! :)
  • SunnyAndrsn
    Options
    I'm using my elliptical and doing pilates. I have the 30 day shred and should do that again... okay, admittedly, I only ever got to day 20 before giving up. Maybe I should make that my goal for February ~ to get through the dang thing! :)

Go for it!! I'm on day 4 today.