setback....need inspiration, support

Options
12 days staying below my caloric number and have lost 2 lbs, and tonight had some tortilla chips. So I am 300 over for this one night! Motivational advice needed. Sad part is that those tortilla chips made me feel "full", not in a good way!

Replies

• ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Don't allow one day to take away 12 days of staying under. Look at it as your little reward for doing such a good job. Just increase your water, look at today as a new day, don't even think about the chips anymore, and keep pushing forward! I've had days like that too but it still hasn't stopped me from losing weight because I kept pushing forward!
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It was ONE day.... today is a new day, it takes a while to create new habits and that is what you are trying to do. IF it makes you feel that bad to be 300 over in your calories, then go for a walk, do some sit ups/pushups. Do SOMETHING that is active to make you feel better.

But in the long run... 1 day is not going to undo everything unless you let it lead to day 2...
  • vijani
    vijani Posts: 6
    Options
    thanks for the support....back on track today!
    One "off" day can lead to another "off" day and that's when it is hard.
    I'd like so much to learn that it is okay to be sidetracked, and then just continue back, but I find this is the hardest part for me.
    Thanks so much for your comments..you have reminded me that it is a learning process....I needed that!
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Believe me I know it is hard to reset the mind into thinking that one day is ok... I am an all or nothing type person...

But you don't learn new habits overnight and you can't expect this to go perfectly everyday either, if you were perfect and it was that easy, you wouldn't have gained the weight to begin with. Your human and errors will happen, the important thing is that you learn from it, track it and KNOW your triggers.

Life is a learning process!