Its by no means good but it is for me!!!!!.......

Options
squindles
squindles Posts: 350 Member
I've dieted ALL MY LIFE. When I started at 18 I was 12 stones. At the top end of my range for my height but better than my now, 30 years later and 22 stones plus heavier!!!!!! Anyway, my hubbies off work so treated me to my breakfast out this morning. I had 4 sausage, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs (they only serve fried!) a small scoop of beans, a hash brown and a scoop of potato with gammon bits, onion and grated cheese. Also 2 rounds of toast with 2 pats of butter and 2 pats of jam. I left some of the potato with gammon and half a sausage, and just had 1 round of toast with half the butter and half of the jam!!!! Now, I know that's still alot. However, like I said I'm not dieting, am just trying to change my bad eating habbits. Before I would have had the same with a couple more sausages (usually 6 in total), 4 eggs in total and I always had no less than 5 rounds of toast, with jam and butter. So, I'm really pleased with myself because I've not been my greedy self!! I've lost 7lbs since I started to change my eating and I'm really pleased because I've not felt deprived like I do when I'm dieting. I find it really hard of an evening when I'm relaxing watching the TV. That's when most of my mindless eating occures. I'm not hungry, just compulsed to eat, well snack and nibble on junk really. So, that's my accomplishment for the day. I'm pleased and thought I'd share with you all!! :smile:
Jackie xx

Replies

• sunnyGinnaye
    Options
    I think thats great, its 100 better choices everyday that help us get healthier. and you still feel satisfied. that's key!
  • wychwych
    Options
    Jackie,you have every right to feel proud of yourself......it's those little changes that are going to make us all healthier. xxx
  • katies2boys
    katies2boys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Every small change adds up to a whole new lifestyle. Be proud! :happy:
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls :smile: I've put it in food log and I've not gone over cals PLUS I'm still not hungry 9 hours later! :smile:
  • tinatatertoes
    tinatatertoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It's the small changes that add up. You deserve to be proud of yourself! And I love the way that you're looking at it as a lifestyle change and not a diet! Best of luck.