Introducing.... me!

Options
tyrantduck
tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
Hi everyone. My name is Megan, 25 years old from upstate NY.

I've been a member on MFP since 2008 but have only really started using it within the past 6 months or so. Back in August I was a member of a group that helped me drop about 10 pounds in the course of that month (from 340-330). Over September-early November, I dropped another 15 pounds and was happily sitting at just around 315. Once DST kicked in and the days got shorter, my SADD also decided to kick in and I stopped working out. I began eating a LOT again and right now I'm back to about 325. I have no urge to exercise and I think it's mostly because I lost the motivation of a great workout group. Once a new mod came in, a lot of unrealistic demands were made and she also threw snarky comments to a lot of people who physically could NOT do the scheduled workouts, so I ducked out of the group for good. I'm really hoping I can find some help here. I'm still not exercising but I'm back to carefully counting my calories and have myself on track to lose 1lb per week without the expectation of exercise. If I get some in, like on my mini-bike, that's just icing on the cake (mmm, cake...).

So... like I said, hopefully I can find a lot of good support and motivation here. If anyone lives in my area and wants to be workout buddies, message me and let me know!!!

Replies

• johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Megan. Welcome aboard! We're glad that you found us. This is a great group of people here! VERY supportive! Best of luck to you on your journey!
    -a fellow upstater
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    heyyyy clifton park! wow, small world eh? east greenbush here :)
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well hi there neighbor! ;-)