Best 'clean' sweetener

Options
Daisy80
Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
Hi all

I need your help please. I am struggling to find a good replacement for sweetener to use in coffee and tea. I bought some stevia powder but really don't like it as it doesn't resolve. Also I belive most of the stevia products are not considered clean as they are processed. So recently I have been using honey.
Would you say that is ok...what do you use?

Thank you

Replies

• Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I use honey! I love love love honey! Also I sometimes use a little maple syrup I use the organic grade 3 (Or c I think) it is collected in the mid to late part of the season as that this when the tree has the most nutrients running through it and has the best taste to. :)
  • reklawn
    reklawn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    brown rice syrup is great as well.
  • ivannamarieb
    Options
    I use Agave Nectar low on the Glycemic index, Madhave Nectar Light flavor. really tasty.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I bought a bottle of the agave syrup but it wrecks havoc on my system.

What's brown rice sweetener?
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I need your help please. I am struggling to find a good replacement for sweetener to use in coffee and tea. I bought some stevia powder but really don't like it as it doesn't resolve. Also I belive most of the stevia products are not considered clean as they are processed. So recently I have been using honey.
    Would you say that is ok...what do you use?

Thank you

Maybe the type of Stevia? I get pure Stevia from a health food store with no fillers. For example, Truvia is not a real Stevia to me. It is very processed so I would check what type you are buying.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Heck you can easily grow your own stevia in a windowsill box if you want to ensure it's not processed. It's sold with herbs in the spring.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Not sure how clean it really is, but you can get free samples of Nectresse from their website. It does take awhile to arrive; I just got mine today and had totally forgotten I requested it. I'm planning on bringing it to work tomorrow and trying in some coffee.
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Watching hungry for change on Netflix and have learned new things. Diet coke has a deadly combination of aspartame and caffeine that create a blend of excitotoxins that kills of brain cells. We have so many ways of preventing certain illnesses such as obesity, cancer, diabetes, certain seizures but yet we still resort to feeding our body absolute ****. Sure diet soda has 0 calories, but studies show that when you drink diet soda within a couple years you'll be fatter than before you started drinking it. When food is manufactured the studies are funded by the creators which normally get approved. The FDA does not have their own scientist. They value the studies that industries submit which is BS! The products are addicting. Companies know that MSG, Aspartame, and processed sugars leads to more business even though it's harmful. HFCS is natural but it is so concentrated that it's dangerous! white sugar, white flour, cocaine, high fructose corn syrup are all similar because they are extracted and concentrated! HFCS is highly addictive. Marketing presents you with a can of soda without telling you what's in it. You're gonna be cool, happy ,sexy, with friends and bikinis but this is a lie. The truth is you're going to lose bone minerals, suffer neurological problems do to the chemical sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup is going to promote diabetes and obesity. You're gonna be obese, miserable, unhealthy and sick. Did you know that blueberry muffins use propylene glycol which is not on the ingredients. This is what makes the blueberries that aren't really blueberries, you can also use this ingredient on your car and your colon! Fat free means it's loaded with sugar! Insulin is the fat producing hormone which is caused by your fat free products! The excess energy comes along and produces fat cells! Low fat makes you hungry because you need the correct fats, you'll be depriving your body. Healthy fats come from nature such as avocados, salmon, chia seeds and whatnot. So far paleo diet is the one I highly support and will follow after learning new ****. "The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison." http://www.medicalcorps.org/fat-rat.htm
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep, honey for me.
  • doxeposse
    doxeposse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use honey or Stevia in the Raw.