Love handles

Hi ladies! Any tips for losing those love handles and fat behind back and sides?? The front part of my stomach is pretty skinny (definitely not abs but it's pretty flat) but I am having trouble losing the love handles..I know you can't spot or target these..so any help/tips? THANKS!

Replies

• jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    I would say work on strengthening the abs, obliques and back muscles. My midsection is my trouble zone. I'm down to losing the last 5 lbs before my goal and they are still sticking around, much less than they were, but I do ab stuff every workout day just keep the muscle strong and sucked in. The extra fat will reduce wherever it wants to so you just have to look at reducing your over all body fat and hope it leaves there before you get too low. Good luck!
  • trking86
    trking86 Posts: 38 Member
    Well, I can tell you what's been dwindling mine down . . . focus on strength training: Side Plank (Well, every kind of planks), Russian Twist, Alternate Twist Dumbbell Bend - Opposite Foot, Bicycles.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    You cant really target where you want to lose weight. Strenghtening your abs is a good thing, but it may not shrink your sides at all. Calorie burning takes fat away from all over. It depends on your genetics where it comes off first. However, once the extra stuff is gone and you want to define your obliques you can hit up those exercises fo sho!
  • 2ndstar2therite
    2ndstar2therite Posts: 15 Member
    I have the same issue, and while it's true you can't spot reduce with exercise, weight refusing to budge from certain areas can be due to issues with hormones...apparently stubborn love handles are sometimes a result of insulin problems. I've just started to try to pay more attention to the glycemic load of the foods I eat in order to keep my blood sugar as level as possible and hopefully erase the problem....
  • LisaO85
    LisaO85 Posts: 152
    i have the same problem. I am doing more planks and side planks . I will do 30 sec. plank then a 1:00 plank. I then do side planks with hip dips for 20-40 sec. on each side. We'll see if that helps. At least they are good for strengthening the core even if my love handles don't go away.
  • candykisses025
    candykisses025 Posts: 7 Member
    I have the same problem. I'm trying side planks and resting a weight bar on my hips while doing glute bridges (this is more of a butt exercise, but I usually feel it in my lower back area too.