Team Bob- Week Two Challenge Part 2

Options

Replies

• 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    @ Bokatok Trail Mix Tacos? LOVE that idea... How cleaver!
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Veggie Pasta
    (2 Servings)

2 cups whole wheat pasta noodles
    2tbsp olive oil
    1tbsp margerine
    2 cups steamed broccoli
    2 cups chicken breast (boiled)
    1 cup chopped onions
    1 cup chopped tomatos
    2 tbsp Cup Parmesean Cheese

Delicious!
  • arains89
    Options
    Rosemary Roasted hicken and Potatoes w/ Parmesean broccoli
    (serving size 2)

2 6oz pieces of chicken breast
    1 potato
    3 tbsp Olive Oil
    Rosemary
    Garlic powder
    Salt
    Pepper
    2 Cups broccoli
    2 tbsp parmesean Cheese

Preheat oven to 425. Chop potato into cubes. Mix 2 tbsp olive oil with rosemary garlic powder salt and pepper (all to taste i never measure) Coat chicken and potatoes. Place pan with potatoes in oven for 10 mins. Take pan out move potatoes to one side and add in chicken cook for additional 30-35 mins.

For broccoli: Put 1/4 inch of water in a frying pan add broccoli. Place on stove and Steam to desired texture. After drained mix with 1 tbsp olive oil and parmesean cheese.

This was dinner last night!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    You guys are spectacular!!! These recipes and tips are going to be great for your teammates and me!! Keep them coming!!! I know you Want me cooking your dish on my profile picture next week! :laugh:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Banana Pancakes

- 1 cup whole wheat flour
    - 2 tsp. baking powder
    - 1/4 tsp. salt
    -1/4 tsp. cinnamon
    - 1 large banana, very ripe, mashed
    - 1 cup skim milk
    - 3 large egg whites
    - 2 tsp. olive oili
    - 1 tsp. vanilla
    - olive oil or non stick cooking spray

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine milk, egg whites, oil and mashed banana in a bowl and mix until smooth. Combine wet ingredients with the dry and mix well with a spoon until there are no more dry spots. Don't over mix.

Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Spray cooking spray to lightly coat and pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter. When the pancakes start to bubble flip the pancakes. Repeat with the remainder of the batter. You can add chopped walnuts if you want some extra protein.

I like these pancakes. They are easy to make in batches and reheat fine too. I think they would also freeze well.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Easy Marinated Chicken

Rub raw chicken breasts with pepper and garlic salt.
    Marinate chicken in 1/3 cup canned pineapple chunks (with juice) and 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce per breast in an airtight container for 10 minutes or more.
    Pour chicken and marinade in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
    Bake 20 - 30 minutes at 350 until fully cooked.

It is great over brown rice and served with steamed broccoli.
  • jahenry17
    jahenry17 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My favorite lunch. I make it and put it a mason jar. Portable and yummy!

Raw Carrot Ginger Soup

You can have the raw carrot ginger soup and warm it up. It is yummy. Here is the recipe.

3 cups Carrot Juice- fresh juiced
    1 ripe Avocado
    2 Tbsp. Agave Nectar
    1 Tbsp. Ginger, minced
    1/4 tsp. ground Cayenne Pepper
    1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
    1/2 cup Coconut Meat, optional
    2 Tbsp. Avocado or Olive Oil, for garnish
    2 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, chopped, for garnish

Directions

Puree the first seven ingredients in a blender until completely smooth. Taste and
    adjust the seasonings if necessary. Garnish the soup with a drizzle of oil and the
    chopped cilantro.

Serving Size: Makes 2 servings 1 1/2 cup each

Number of Servings: 2
  • 6mimi
    Options
    My favorite lunch. I make it and put it a mason jar. Portable and yummy!

Raw Carrot Ginger Soup

You can have the raw carrot ginger soup and warm it up. It is yummy. Here is the recipe.

3 cups Carrot Juice- fresh juiced
    1 ripe Avocado
    2 Tbsp. Agave Nectar
    1 Tbsp. Ginger, minced
    1/4 tsp. ground Cayenne Pepper
    1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
    1/2 cup Coconut Meat, optional
    2 Tbsp. Avocado or Olive Oil, for garnish
    2 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, chopped, for garnish

Directions

Puree the first seven ingredients in a blender until completely smooth. Taste and
    adjust the seasonings if necessary. Garnish the soup with a drizzle of oil and the
    chopped cilantro.

Serving Size: Makes 2 servings 1 1/2 cup each

Number of Servings: 2
    I would have never thought of that combo! I'll have to try it! This may sound stupid... what is coconut meat? Is it the actual white fleshy part? Sounds delish!
  • jahenry17
    jahenry17 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Coconut meat is the white part, but I don't add that. No need for more calories :-)

[/quote]
    I would have never thought of that combo! I'll have to try it! This may sound stupid... what is coconut meat? Is it the actual white fleshy part? Sounds delish!
    [/quote]
  • whiskeyhut
    whiskeyhut Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Chickpea Snack

Drain and rinse one can of chickpeas
    Toss chickpeas in some olive oil and cayenne
    Bake at 450 for 30 minutes

This was in my food Network magazine. I tried it today and thought it turned out good as an easy high protein snack. I imagine you could change it up just fine by trying different spices.
    I went to a cooking class and they did these but with cinnamon and a bit of sugar. I like to roast for longer because I like them crispier. I hope it's OK i'm posting here. I'm not on Team Bob but Team Jilian doesn't have any challenges or posts so I thought I'd look at the other teams for some tips and motivation :)
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Coconut meat is the white part, but I don't add that. No need for more calories :-)

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Thanks! I wasn't sure. I think I will try it without the coconut meat for at least the first time. Something tells me that my daughter is going to love this recipe!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Chickpea Snack

Drain and rinse one can of chickpeas
    Toss chickpeas in some olive oil and cayenne
    Bake at 450 for 30 minutes

This was in my food Network magazine. I tried it today and thought it turned out good as an easy high protein snack. I imagine you could change it up just fine by trying different spices.
    I went to a cooking class and they did these but with cinnamon and a bit of sugar. I like to roast for longer because I like them crispier. I hope it's OK i'm posting here. I'm not on Team Bob but Team Jilian doesn't have any challenges or posts so I thought I'd look at the other teams for some tips and motivation :)

You are more than welcome here anytime!!! Share a tip or recipe if you have one too!!:happy: I'll have to try that with the cinnamon and sugar. That sounds good. I like them crispier too. I signed up for a cooking class to take with my daughter next month. It is a one night class and sounded like fun. Thanks for sharing! Again, you are welcome here anytime!!!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Healthy banana oatmeal cookies

Mash 2 bananas
    Mix with 1 c. old fashioned oats

Make into cookie shapes on sprayed cookie sheet, or use parchment paper
    Put 3 dark chocolate chips on the top of each cookie

bake 15-20 min at 350.

Super easy and super healthy too. You can use many different foods/spices too. Maybe add cinnamon and raisins?
  • arains89
    Options
    My power salad for lunches this week:

2 cups baby spinach
    1/4 cup sliced onion
    5 cherry tomatoes
    1 hard boiled egg
    Fat free italian dressing

Easy to throw together and take to work with you super healthy and low in calorie. Gets you your veggies and some protein. Sometimes I substitute the egg and put 4 oz of drained canned tuna on top. Yum :)
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Healthy banana oatmeal cookies

I am making these later. They look perfect.
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Ok, this isn't really a recipe but wowser it's good.

Open one can of Progresson Lite Creamy Potato with Cheese and Bacon Soup

Eat it.

It's the best canned soup I've ever eaten. It's rich and creamy. It tastes like it's full fat. I'm having some now and thought I'd share.
  • mazarith
    mazarith Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Eat it.

It's the best canned soup I've ever eaten. It's rich and creamy. It tastes like it's full fat. I'm having some now and thought I'd share.

That can of soup gets fought over in our house.
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Carrot cake/pumpkin muffins

! box betty crocker super moist cake mix
    1-15 oz. can pure pumpkin
    1-large egg white
    1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup raisins [chopped]
    1/4 cup fiber one cereal [crushed]

Mix all ingredients together, spray muffin pan with cooking spray or use muffin liners, fill each liner 2/3rds. the way full. bake in a 350 [pre-heated oven]- for 24-28 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean..Makes 18-22 muffins.

You can also frost with 1/2 - 1 tsp.cream cheese frosting.

My family Love these muffins!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    My power salad for lunches this week:

2 cups baby spinach
    1/4 cup sliced onion
    5 cherry tomatoes
    1 hard boiled egg
    Fat free italian dressing

Easy to throw together and take to work with you super healthy and low in calorie. Gets you your veggies and some protein. Sometimes I substitute the egg and put 4 oz of drained canned tuna on top. Yum :)

Perfect lunch! I like how it has the protein in there too. For an added kick you could also put the chickpea recipe that I posted earlier in with your salad. Yummm!
  • 6mimi
    Options

Eat it.

I'll have to try it. I have had some yucky experiences with canned soup. I would love to try a good one. Thanks for sharing! I hope you like the cookie recipe too. I make them often. They are super easy!