Options
    Carrot cake/pumpkin muffins

! box betty crocker super moist cake mix
    1-15 oz. can pure pumpkin
    1-large egg white
    1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup raisins [chopped]
    1/4 cup fiber one cereal [crushed]

Mix all ingredients together, spray muffin pan with cooking spray or use muffin liners, fill each liner 2/3rds. the way full. bake in a 350 [pre-heated oven]- for 24-28 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean..Makes 18-22 muffins.

You can also frost with 1/2 - 1 tsp.cream cheese frosting.

My family Love these muffins!

I think these are the ones you let sample once Carrie. They were fabulous! They would make a great treat to bring to the office to share.
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Ok, this isn't really a recipe but wowser it's good.

Open one can of Progresson Lite Creamy Potato with Cheese and Bacon Soup

Eat it.

It's the best canned soup I've ever eaten. It's rich and creamy. It tastes like it's full fat. I'm having some now and thought I'd share.

That can of soup gets fought over in our house.

Haha, same here. We do online grocery shopping through Harris Teeter. They put it on sale one week, we bought 20 cans. lol.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

Eat it.

It's the best canned soup I've ever eaten. It's rich and creamy. It tastes like it's full fat. I'm having some now and thought I'd share.

Haha, same here. We do online grocery shopping through Harris Teeter. They put it on sale one week, we bought 20 cans. lol.
    [/quote
    :laugh: :laugh: Twenty cans? Man, it must be good!
  • bokatok
    Options
    Just sampled the oatmeal banana cookies. They are great!! We are peanut butter lovers so I melted a tablespoon and drizzled it on. So good. Next time I will just mix it in. I took a pic but I don't know how to share it.
  • bokatok
    Options

Eat it.

[/quote

It really is, you can eat the entire can for 200 cals.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Mexican Rice

* 1 lb. lean ground turkey
    * 1/2 an onion
    * taco seasoning
    *1 lg. can diced tomatoes
    * 2 cups enchilada sauce
    * 4 cups brown rice
    * 5 oz. low fat Mexican blend shredded cheese

First cook the rice. While the rice is cooking dice the onion and saute it for about 2 minutes. Next add the ground turkey and cook until browned. When cooked, add the taco seasoning. Open the tomatoes and drain. Now it is time to assemble.
    Take the rice and spread it in a pan, then take half the enchilada sauce and pour it on top. Continue with the ground turkey and the tomatoes (you can also add corn or black beans if you wish). Finish by topping with the rest of the enchilada sauce. Bake at 350 for ten minutes and then take it out of the oven and top with cheese. Put it back in the oven and cook until cheese melts.
  • whiskeyhut
    whiskeyhut Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Eat it.

Anybody know if you can get this in Canada? At 20 cans and all the rave reviews I must try it!

[/quote
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    For the pizza lovers (like me) try a pizza like this:

Whole wheat thin crust
    Original pizza sauce
    Light non-fat mozzerella cheese
    Chicken Breast
    Load whatever veggies you love I like:
    Onions
    Tomatoes
    Mushrooms
    Green Peppers

Super delicious and fulfills that pizza craving in a healthy way :)
  • 6mimi
    Options
    For the pizza lovers (like me) try a pizza like this:

Whole wheat thin crust
    Original pizza sauce
    Light non-fat mozzerella cheese
    Chicken Breast
    Load whatever veggies you love I like:
    Onions
    Tomatoes
    Mushrooms
    Green Peppers

Super delicious and fulfills that pizza craving in a healthy way :)

Pizza lover? GUILTY!!! I want this pizza and I want it now! Thanks for sharing!:love:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Just sampled the oatmeal banana cookies. They are great!! We are peanut butter lovers so I melted a tablespoon and drizzled it on. So good. Next time I will just mix it in. I took a pic but I don't know how to share it.

I'm glad you liked them. I love how easy they are to make and that you don't feel guilty if you get a little carried away with eating them. I haven't tried the peanut butter idea but I am going to. I think with that protein it will balance it out perfect!
  • Jennycyr
    Jennycyr Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    SIGNATURE SALAD RECIPE (Makes 4 main course or 8 side dish)

Salad Ingredients:
    8 oz mixed greens
    2 cups red grapes, sliced in half
    2 pears, peeled, cored and diced
    2/3 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
    1/2 cup shelled pistachios
    2 ox gorgonzola cheese

Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette:
    1 medium shallot, minced (about 4 teaspoons)
    1 clove garlic minced
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup sherry vinegar (can be substituted for red wine vinegar)
    1/2 cup olive oil

Direction:
    Combine all salad ingredients in one large bowl.
    Combine all dressing ingredients through the vinegar in a small bowl and whick to comine. Whisking constantly, slowly pour olive oil into the vinegar mixture in a steady stream. Pour over salad and toss to combine.
    Serve immediatly.

Enjoy :)
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your salad recipe Jenny. It sounds so yummy. My elderly neighbor loves salad. I think I will make this up for her as a treat.
  • bokatok
    Options

I'm glad you liked them. I love how easy they are to make and that you don't feel guilty if you get a little carried away with eating them. I haven't tried the peanut butter idea but I am going to. I think with that protein it will balance it out perfect!

Second batch today, I added the PB and a tablespoon of chocolate syrup (150 extra cals total) and then baked them. They were really good. I got 9 cookies out of the batch so that only added a few extra calories per cookie.Great recipe Mimi
  • bokatok
    Options
    Chickpea Snack

Drain and rinse one can of chickpeas
    Toss chickpeas in some olive oil and cayenne
    Bake at 450 for 30 minutes

This was in my food Network magazine. I tried it today and thought it turned out good as an easy high protein snack. I imagine you could change it up just fine by trying different spices.
    I went to a cooking class and they did these but with cinnamon and a bit of sugar. I like to roast for longer because I like them crispier. I hope it's OK i'm posting here. I'm not on Team Bob but Team Jilian doesn't have any challenges or posts so I thought I'd look at the other teams for some tips and motivation :)

Love chickpeas, I do this with a mix of chickpeas and edamame. Add a little cumin too. Very good and you are right very high in protein. Great recipe.
  • bokatok
    Options
    Easy Marinated Chicken

Rub raw chicken breasts with pepper and garlic salt.
    Marinate chicken in 1/3 cup canned pineapple chunks (with juice) and 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce per breast in an airtight container for 10 minutes or more.
    Pour chicken and marinade in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
    Bake 20 - 30 minutes at 350 until fully cooked.

It is great over brown rice and served with steamed broccoli.

This looks yummy. We eat too much chicken around here. This will be a nice change of pace.
  • bokatok
    Options
    My favorite lunch. I make it and put it a mason jar. Portable and yummy!

Raw Carrot Ginger Soup

You can have the raw carrot ginger soup and warm it up. It is yummy. Here is the recipe.

3 cups Carrot Juice- fresh juiced
    1 ripe Avocado
    2 Tbsp. Agave Nectar
    1 Tbsp. Ginger, minced
    1/4 tsp. ground Cayenne Pepper
    1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
    1/2 cup Coconut Meat, optional
    2 Tbsp. Avocado or Olive Oil, for garnish
    2 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, chopped, for garnish

Directions

Puree the first seven ingredients in a blender until completely smooth. Taste and
    adjust the seasonings if necessary. Garnish the soup with a drizzle of oil and the
    chopped cilantro.

Serving Size: Makes 2 servings 1 1/2 cup each

Number of Servings: 2

This looks like a little party in your mouth. Lots of unique flavors in there.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    My favorite lunch. I make it and put it a mason jar. Portable and yummy!

Raw Carrot Ginger Soup

You can have the raw carrot ginger soup and warm it up. It is yummy. Here is the recipe.

3 cups Carrot Juice- fresh juiced
    1 ripe Avocado
    2 Tbsp. Agave Nectar
    1 Tbsp. Ginger, minced
    1/4 tsp. ground Cayenne Pepper
    1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
    1/2 cup Coconut Meat, optional
    2 Tbsp. Avocado or Olive Oil, for garnish
    2 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, chopped, for garnish

Directions

Puree the first seven ingredients in a blender until completely smooth. Taste and
    adjust the seasonings if necessary. Garnish the soup with a drizzle of oil and the
    chopped cilantro.

Serving Size: Makes 2 servings 1 1/2 cup each

Number of Servings: 2

This looks like a little party in your mouth. Lots of unique flavors in there.

:laugh: LOL I like your description bokatok! I agree.... party in your mouth!:laugh:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    No-Bake Chocolate PB Bars

(sugar-free and gluten-free, too!)

1/4 cup peanut butter (you can probably sub another nut butter)
    1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons raisins
    salt to taste (I used a little over 1/4 tsp, but I like salty pb cookies!)
    2 tablespoons roasted, unsalted peanuts (Or maybe another nut, if you’re allergic to peanuts? Also: If you can only find salted peanuts, reduce or omit added salt)
    1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
    1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder (to taste)
    optional: chocolate chips, either before or after blending (or both!)
    Throw everything into a food processor and combine until very smooth. Roll into balls or bars.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I love these!:heart:

Hot Fudge Brownie Larabars

1 cup walnuts (120 g)
    1 and 1/3 cups pitted dates (220 g)
    1 tsp pure vanilla extract
    3-4 tbsp cocoa powder (or even Dutch cocoa)
    optional: 1/8 plus 1/16 tsp salt (I always add it)
    optional: chocolate chips or even a piece of a chocolate bar or baking chocolate
    Blend all the ingredients, using a food processor, Magic Bullet, etc. (No need to blend the dates first; I just blend everything all at once in my MB. Form into bars. It might help to put dough in a plastic bag and close the bag, then shape into a bar. (Feel free to experiment with different nut combinations. I often sub almonds or cashews for some of the walnuts.)
  • 6mimi
    Options
    O.k. , .... I haven't tried these yet. However, I just found this recipe and wanted to share. It sounds yummy and gives tip on preparing ahead of time so it can be a quick breakfast if you are on the run in the morning.

Cookie Dough Oatmeal Cake
    (Serves One!)

1/2 cup oats (50g)
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    sweetener, such as 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or 1 to 1 1/2 packs stevia (I omitted, but I’ve cautioned y’all before about my lack of sweet tooth.)
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (60g) (Or sub banana… it’s awesome this way!)
    1/4 cup milk of choice, creamer, juice, or water (I used 60g)
    1/8 tsp salt
    Handful of chocolate chips (and a few for the top, too!)
    Optional: unless you like the taste of fat-free baking, add 1-2 tbsp oil, vegan butter, or nut butter (If oil, scale the milk back a little. If vegan butter, scale the salt back a little.)
    Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon (If you like cinnamon in chocolate chip cookies)
    Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine dry ingredients, then mix in wet. Pour into a small baking pan, loaf pan, or 1-cup ramekin (or, for mini boats, two 1/2-cup ramekins). Cook for 20 minutes, or more until it’s firm. Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 3-5 more minutes (or simply just bake longer, but broiling gives it a nice crust). Don’t forget to spray your ramekins first if you want your cakes to pop out.

Super-Quick Breakfast Tips:

Mix the dry ingredients ahead of time (and in multiple batches) so the baked oatmeal for one will come together super-quickly.
    I also usually cook boatmeal (baked oatmeal) the night before, which means breakfast is ready for me when I arrive home from my morning run.
    The bars/cakes are portable, and others have told me that they freeze well too. You can even multiply the recipe, cook in a cake pan, cut into squares, and freeze the leftovers.